Kuryakyn HID headlight swap?

avus9

.020 Over
anyone have any experience with the Kuryakyn HID headlights? these aren't just bulb/ballast conversions, but include a specific headlight lens as well. i see they are mainly advertised for HD -- but am curious to see if they can replace our dismal lighting

Kryakyn Xsighting Lighting Xe5R Headlamp

These are supposed to be great. Are these the right size for the Rocket? The first time I saw the xsighting lighting deals, there wasn't anything that fit.

For that kind of cash Ill stick with the piaa replacement bulbs for under a $100 for the two driving lights and the main head light. But those are nice.......:cool:

mutt

Yep, you can buy a really nice set of driving lights to mount under the radiator, or even the factory accessory lights and install powerful bulbs ......
and still have $600+ left over. lol

I've had xenon bulbs in mine and it's still crap. The headlamps are too **** small. I had a Goldwing coming up on me and the headlamp was blinding in the daylight. How about mounting a Rocket Touring headlamp?

Check out the lighting pattern on the x-sighting lighting xenon HID:

faq3

Last edited:
thanks for the link - just noticed that they're only 4hrs away
think i might give them a call on monday and ride down to give them a try...

I've had xenon bulbs in mine and it's still crap. The headlamps are too **** small. I had a Goldwing coming up on me and the headlamp was blinding in the daylight. How about mounting a Rocket Touring headlamp?

Check out the lighting pattern on the x-sighting lighting xenon HID:

faq3
I have a theory why R3 headlights are so worthless .... see if any of you agree.
I think the biggest problem with them is that the reflector inside is angled too far each way .... if you get the high beams set so that they illuminate the road, the low beams are then too low and point at the ground. If you get the low beams adjusted far enough out in front of the bike to do any good, then the high beams are pointed at the sky. :mad:
The only way I could overcome this problem was to add driving lights to the bottom of the radiator, and still they don't do all of what I need to see. I had to choose narrow, flat, rectangular lights for clearance and they just don't have the coverage larger round lights would have. I'm going to either try the Triumph driving lights that mount on the windscreen fixing kit, or something aftermarket. Either way I think the bike could really use some kind of lights mounted in that location to illuminate the road well at 50-75 feet. I don't think that any kind of replacement bulb is going to solve the dark area problem since the focus is built into the relector at the back of the stock headlights.

was able to find one for $100, new on ebay
i'll keep you informed on my progress and the light output/pattern

Back