Roderick.pola

Standard Bore
Ride
08R3T
Hello everyone. I have had my 08R3T for a few months now and have bought a King Tour Pack top box from Avanblack. As they Make these for Harleys I may have to manufacture a base plate. Any ideas would be great.

20190711_142419.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We are making leather bags to fit on our luggage rack that would be a quick disconnect and found this website Rickrak Models for Harley Ultra, Street Glide, Road Glide, Indian, Metric
Not sure it’s exactly what we want but they’ve got an interesting idea, might take a look and see if anything could work for you. I’ll be following this thread with interest to see what others might have come up with.

I have been eying the Wompus Racks as it can be installed with the bags and provides a solid base with a higher weight rating than the quick-release OEM luggage rack. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on getting a Wompus Rack and have my Givi V47 mounted on my quick release luggage rack, but know it is limited to 15 - 20 lbs. You can check out Wompus at

Wompus Bike Racks - Heavy Duty Custom Built Steel Triumph Motorcycle Racks

There have been other members posting here about installing this rack on their R3T with good success.

The Wompus rack is popular with the Vulcan Nomad owners.

Jace, is that a Wompus or is it something you fabricated? Very nice setup.

It is the stock Triumph rack between two aluminum plates (3/16"). The up/down struts are 1/2" dia. aluminum threaded at both ends for adjustment to level the Tour-pack and increase carrying capacity for the rack.

It is the stock Triumph rack between two aluminum plates (3/16"). The up/down struts are 1/2" dia. aluminum threaded at both ends for adjustment to level the Tour-pack and increase carrying capacity for the rack.

And that's some heavy aluminum. Elcanaco from BC gave me a sheet several years ago and I fabricated a platform for my VStrom. It's difficult to find aluminum stock that thick around where I live. Nicely done.

Back