Kickstand and Kickstand turn

NotSoHiddenFox

.040 Over
Ride
20 3R
Any ideas on the material of the kickstand? Guessing it'll have to be pretty beefy to hold the bike. Though i did read on the manual to not place additional weight on it.

Anyone 🥜🥜 enough to swivel the bike on the kickstand?

Story about the kick stands. They are harder than hard! I had to bend one for my slammed hard tail frame. I did 3 cuts, about 2/3'ds of the way through with my chop saw. Had pretty large cuts, almost 1/8" from the saw blade. Clamped the thing in my bench vise, and put a 3' piece of pipe on the end of the kickstand to bend the gaps close and weld. Well, I wound up pulling my vise off the bench! And it didn't bend at all! I wound up buying a press from Harbor Freight, to get the thing done. Tough stuff for sure.
dragbikesmall1.jpg

Wow, that does sound pretty intense. They certainly do not look that strong. Maybe it'll be more likely to damage the mount instead?

We had one fellow a while back break the mount out of the engine when he trailered the bike on the sidestand. Sidestand was perfect.... engine case.... toasted.

The issue with the engine case is that the aluminum casting is crap. Ask Sonny about welding that porous casting.

Any ideas on the material of the kickstand? Guessing it'll have to be pretty beefy to hold the bike. Though i did read on the manual to not place additional weight on it.

Anyone 🥜🥜 enough to swivel the bike on the kickstand?

I seen a video where a guy grabed the bike by the back and swilviled it 180 degress it looked really good.
I tried this with my 07 being careful to put pressure going to rear so as not to have the kickstand fold down.
The problem i had was not enough muscle to get the job done.
They took a lot of weight off the new ones so i would take a magnet and make sure it is steel before u try that 180. I assume NO responibility for damage but post a video if u succeed.

I seen a video where a guy grabed the bike by the back and swilviled it 180 degress it looked really good.
I tried this with my 07 being careful to put pressure going to rear so as not to have the kickstand fold down.
The problem i had was not enough muscle to get the job done.
They took a lot of weight off the new ones so i would take a magnet and make sure it is steel before u try that 180. I assume NO responibility for damage but post a video if u succeed.
I can't believe I didn't think of using a magnet.

Verdict. Not a good idea.

The kickstand is mounted on metal. The mount then goes to the engine case.

Even if it holds, this bike is heavy and hard to grasp. Best I could do was slide it around a little. Not gonna work. Not with me anyways.

Back