Kicked out of Cruiser class in HP Shoot Out.

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
So I went to Kent PowerSports (Victory, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki.. etc. dealer) for their Hot Winter Nights kick off and entered my bike in the Cruiser class in their Horse Power shootout. After I ran, no other cruisers would enter the contest, so they kicked me out of the Cruiser class and put me in the newly made up "Triumph" class, of which I was the only entrant, basically giving me my money back! I guess I should have waited until last.. :)

I dyno'ed 139.6 HP and 142.8 lbs ft of torque. Not too bad, about the same numbers I ran 20K miles ago.. :) I don't have the print out with me, but my torque curve was awesome.. smooth and straight all the way up... :)

So I went to Kent PowerSports (Victory, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki.. etc. dealer) for their Hot Winter Nights kick off and entered my bike in the Cruiser class in their Horse Power shootout. After I ran, no other cruisers would enter the contest, so they kicked me out of the Cruiser class and put me in the newly made up "Triumph" class, of which I was the only entrant, basically giving me my money back! I guess I should have waited until last.. :)

I dyno'ed 139.6 HP and 142.8 lbs ft of torque. Not too bad, about the same numbers I ran 20K miles ago.. :) I don't have the print out with me, but my torque curve was awesome.. smooth and straight all the way up... :)
YEP we enter the DYNO SHOOTOUTS at the HARLEY dealership and they say anyone with a cruiser can enter and then after we run they change the rules even though there running those 160 CI aftermarket race engines BUT its all fun just the same

Last time I went to the biker rodeo in Red Lodge, MT, in 2004, they kicked out a Kawasaki cruiser AFTER he won an event. They didn't even reclassify him, they just said "American only." Even if the event didn't usually coincide with the Kootenay Raid, I probably would have stopped going anyway.

Mine got the boot for burning up the load cell on the dyno. **** operator should not have tried to hold the Millennium Falcon back:D

Last year I won a h.p. shootout at our local Harley dealer. They did not boot me out. They encouraged me since they let me use their dyno when I put it together. They knew I was going to walk away with the winnings. They also knew I was buying beer that night! Needless to say a lot of the local "Hardley" riders don't talk crap about the black triumph in town!

Back