bonnie

.020 Over
O.k. I really wanted to get in on all that talk about rice burners in that other thread about the nomad but I didn't. Still would like to meet some of you guys someday and really don't want to piss anyone off. I have been having fun reading all the comments tho. I do have a question about my Rocket, as stupid as this may sound, I was wondering if I am being paranoid about how straight up the side stand holds my bike. When I park along side the curb I feel like I gotta face it the opposite direction as traffic so it doesn't tip. I am used to how far my America leans when on the sidestand and figure they designed the Rocket to lean less because of the weight.

I find there are times that I feel the same as you and it seems worst with the 225/CT. I bet the guys out there that are running the 235 and 245's see it worst. When I park next to a curb, I have to put the bike at an angle to the road or the bike will fall over.

As for this being done to help with the weight you will have to ask the engineers that designed it but it would make sense.

Oh and welcome to the sight.

Big T

Ive never heard of a kick stand failure.

Unless it was the occasional failure to put it down before one stepped off the beast:D

Id be more worried if it were vertical with nothing on the other side to catch the ***** when she fell over:eek: After all, I was headed the other way for a brown ale; after securely fitting the kick stand to the ground on an uphill slope.:kk:

Last edited:
your comment made me laugh. My riding buddy would probably kick me in my kick stand if he knew I told you this but 2 years ago we rode to the dragon and he was so excited when we got to Deals Gap that he got off his bike and let out a yell just in time for his 06 Speedy to hit the ground cause he didn't put the sidestand down ,(kick stand failure). All he wrecked was the mirror and we couldn't get him to hang it on the tree of shame but he really should have.

My kick stand has been "heat treated" to put some more bend in it for more tilt to the left. (Not to be taken out of context!)

I've told off on myself before about getting my left leg pinned between the R3 and a gas pump for the same "kickstand malfunction". Had to get the gas station attendants to help me get extricated:eek:.

Last edited:
My kick stand has been "heat treated" to put some more bend in it for more tilt to the left. (Not to be taken out of context!)

I've told off on myself before about getting my left leg pinned between the R3 and a gas pump for the same "kickstand malfunction". Had to get the gas station attendants to help me get extricated:eek:.

I almost lost it at a gas pump over the weekend. It was on a downhill slope. I went to get back on and it started rolling down the hill. Luckily was was able to catch it before it gained momentum with the kickstand 1/4 of the way up. :confused:

I wonder if the Harley kick stand is patentied? If not, that would make a great item to develop and add to their line of items that they are already selling, hint, hint. "Flipster"

Back