Keyless Ignition

IDK, is that a 4 or 5 prong relay?/ just re-read post looks like a 4 prong, is that what you used??

Thanks

Am I right in thinking that the clutch lever does not need to be pulled in to start the bike with this system.?
If not, would it try and start if the bike was in gear.?
Sorry if it's a stupid question but I'm no auto electrician, but I would like to try this mod at some stage.

Great write up IDK. Seems like I might tackle it.

Spent some time today researching remotes. I found that unless you buy one with two fobs, you can't get another one seperately. Me, I loose things, so I found one that comes with two fobs. I also wanted to get two units with the same code so no mater wich bike I was riding one fob would work. I found I cannot do that. Have you found different?

So I have already relocated the ignition switch, so no more locking forks. I am OK with that because I use a disk brake lock if really needed.

If there is a non-locking gas cap for the Roclet 111 , and a way to have a keyless seat relaease, no key required for everyday riding...HHMMM....

Has anyone tried a keyless gas cap yet? I have seen them advertised on E-Bay.

So easy D2300 could do it !!!

You have a point there.......Thanks for thinking it through for me. Of course if the two bikes were in diffrent states...no. Not so lucky as Navigator.

Thanks Mitch.

I put a keyless gas cap on a couple of weeks back. It is a 5 minute job. I got mine on eBay for about $30.

Pls to provide a link to the gas cap. I did an ebay search and got 358 hits but none for the Rocket. That is a very worthwhile modification.

Thanks guys. And both are black to blend in with the top of my tank. Plus it is another thing to hang the nads on as it opens and one goes flying over the handlebars. A lot of the Beemer riders turn the flip caps around for just that reason.

Thanks guys. And both are black to blend in with the top of my tank. Plus it is another thing to hang the nads on as it opens and one goes flying over the handlebars. A lot of the Beemer riders turn the flip caps around for just that reason.

Beemer riders even have nads? :stirthepot: I was afraid if I ended up buying the K 1300 GT I would have to be castrated. ****, that is a relief! Mike, I have the keyless gas cap and it's a nice addition!

Native One

Back