Keychain Ring?

mlindsay

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket Rgt :D
This is kind of stupid .... but .... the default keyring on the Rocket 3 is really flimsy and weak. The keyfob itself is terrible for keychain attachment. My daughter gave me a really cool Boeing/NASA "Remove Before Flight" red pull handle to go on the keychain. I want something stout, but that can still fit THROUGH the keyfob. Anyone seen or done anything like that? The "stout" ring I put through it, doesn't even rotate, and won't go all the way through :)

bike_keychain.jpg

Not a dumb question. I didn't know that's what the two holes were for because I didn't know they were there (I know, I heard it). Maybe utilize a smaller ring after you pre attached the pull handle. If that's what the hole space is for why didn't Triumph put a ring on? The fob does have a cool switch blade kind of thing going on when you get really bored.

Not a dumb question. I didn't know that's what the two holes were for because I didn't know they were there (I know, I heard it). Maybe utilize a smaller ring after you pre attached the pull handle. If that's what the hole space is for why didn't Triumph put a ring on? The fob does have a cool switch blade kind of thing going on when you get really bored.
Mine came with a really crappy wire ring from the dealer!

This is kind of stupid .... but .... the default keyring on the Rocket 3 is really flimsy and weak. The keyfob itself is terrible for keychain attachment. My daughter gave me a really cool Boeing/NASA "Remove Before Flight" red pull handle to go on the keychain. I want something stout, but that can still fit THROUGH the keyfob. Anyone seen or done anything like that? The "stout" ring I put through it, doesn't even rotate, and won't go all the way through :)

bike_keychain.jpg
Parachute cord... thread it through... tie it off... melt the ends... :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

So I ended up getting a braided wire keyrings off Amazon. I had to take the back cover off the fob, unscrew the mainboard, and pry it up, propping a guitar pick under it to hold it up, while I tucked the braid in.

P.S. Typical Amazon, I wanted one for $5, but got fifty. Gave the rest to my local Triumph dealer. If you're near Beaverton, Orygun, stop by and visit Cascade Moto Classics and ask for one :D

Last edited:
So I ended up getting a braided wire keyrings off Amazon. I had to take the back cover off the fob, unscrew the mainboard, and pry it up, propping a guitar pick under it to hold it up, while I tucked the braid in.

P.S. Typical Amazon, I wanted one for $5, but got fifty. Gave the rest to my local Triumph dealer. If you're near Beaverton, Orygun, stop by and visit Cascade Moto Classics and ask for one :D
did it fit through that tiny hole on the key fob?

Back