Kaoko Throttle Control Review

I'm not a fan of this throttle lock. I had the Kaoko on my R3T for about 6 months but removed it in favor of the BrakeAway set up; I removed that after about a year and now have the Vista Cruise that I have been really impressed with it.

But back to the Kaoko: It was uncomfortable (the spikes were always in the way of my throttle hand) and not easy to use while at speed. The ratcheting action required of the throttle hand was inconvenient and difficult to engage/disengage while riding.

I'll say that the Kaoko is well-made, as is the BrakeAway. Still, it is too expensive ($125+) and too difficult and uncomfortable to operate.

Try the VistaCruise instead. At $25 it looks good, functions well and is easy to use while on the road.

Dandiego, what didn't you like about the Brakeaway? I like the fact that it releases on braking, but haven't bought one yet.

Well, Tripps, you're welcome buy mine.

Seriously, the BrakeAway is made well and looks really nice on the R3.

I just could never get it dialed in perfectly. It would either slip or be too rigid.

Another bonus: The company lends continuing support for its products. The owner sent me 4 tiny screws (I only needed one) for free. Just for the asking.

Expect to see my almost new BrakeAway for sale in the classifieds soon.

palm control

I'm not a fan of this throttle lock. I had the Kaoko on my R3T for about 6 months but removed it in favor of the BrakeAway set up; I removed that after about a year and now have the Vista Cruise that I have been really impressed with it.

But back to the Kaoko: It was uncomfortable (the spikes were always in the way of my throttle hand) and not easy to use while at speed. The ratcheting action required of the throttle hand was inconvenient and difficult to engage/disengage while riding.

I'll say that the Kaoko is well-made, as is the BrakeAway. Still, it is too expensive ($125+) and too difficult and uncomfortable to operate.

Try the VistaCruise instead. At $25 it looks good, functions well and is easy to use while on the road.

i put a palm control on my 07 r3, took it on an 80 mile trip
i thought it was great but i got on a dirt road and i had to turn around. i should have put it in a safe position. i had my wife get off turn the bike around she got back on i took off and went to give more gas and my palm hit the cruise and the r3 done a 90%
and pointed towards a big electric box. i backed out of throttle
and down went the bike. some how i managed to pick it up on the 4th try. i now carry 3 blocks of wood (2x6) i am able to pic it up far enough for some one to put blocks under frame one at a time. once the three blocks are there i can muscle it up.
also i have a small come a long that i can hook in the bottom forks and around the bars and collapse the forks. I have not tried this but i think it will help.
herman

i put a palm control on my 07 r3, i took off and went to give more gas and my palm hit the cruise and the r3 done a 90%

Been there, brother!

I was in Houston, heading toward New Orleans in heavy (stop-and-go) traffic.

I was in 2nd gear moving along between cars when my palm hit my throttle rocker.

Wheeee! :eek: The front tire came off the ground and I was "that" close to going through a rear window during full-wheelie mode!

I hit my rear brake and it brought the big girl down, but just barely! I mean, I must've missed the guy's front bumper by 2"

I had a few drinks in Nawlins...:D

Can't do THAT on a Honda Rebel...:cool:

I'm using the Go Cruise set up for now and it works surprisingly well. $20 on fleabay.

Still trying to get the courage up to mount the Rostra electronic unit that I have sitting in a box on the shelf.

Cruise control

Me too.
I am also waiting on a good deal or sale on the rostras from Amazon.

Back