K&N's without TORS-Worth the trouble?

Starmanut

Nitrous
Ride
2010 Rocket III Touring, Suzuki Boulevard M50
I have seen some extra bearclaws for the touring on ebay and got the thought of maybe trying my hand at cutting one out to fit triple K&N filters behind without messing up the original.
I wonder, though, if that would make such a difference to be worth it with the stock silencers on there.

I like the look of the triple filters, but there is Ramair out there, too.
Would either be worth the trouble performance wise without TORS?

Thanks people!!!

It looks kool. Im inclined to do the same. On RamAir now but with the TORs. Don't want to relocate the H2O reservoir so I need to cut the Claw. Scared to do that. Be careful removing the duct work. The MAP sensor is fragile. Dielectric lube any connection you see.

Just getting rid of the clutter under the tank is worth it. Hearing it is awsome as well. You will change the exhaust sooner or later
The hearing of the intake was a huge shock to me. I swear it sounded like an exhaust sound coming from the front of the motor. Get the TORS if you can or some other more free flowing exhaust. Use a PCV or something to tune it well and it will pay off with big grins.

So if one adds the K&Ns that fit under the bear claw or the RamAir, one would not have to be concerned about getting a different tune or dyno done until the exhaust was changed? Am I understanding that correctly? I would do this if that is the case.

Just getting rid of the clutter under the tank is worth it. Hearing it is awsome as well. You will change the exhaust sooner or later

The hearing of the intake was a huge shock to me. I swear it sounded like an exhaust sound coming from the front of the motor. Get the TORS if you can or some other more free flowing exhaust. Use a PCV or something to tune it well and it will pay off with big grins.

Not performance wise. It has to be able to exhaust out more before it can suck in more

Thanks for those tips! Problem right now is finding some TORS or after market pipes for the touring. Not even considering the $$$:banghead:. Saw some D&D's a few weeks back but can't drop $700 at the moment.
And I don't want to wait too long either, the bike will probably out live my ability to ride it. :eek:

So if one adds the K&Ns that fit under the bear claw or the RamAir, one would not have to be concerned about getting a different tune or dyno done until the exhaust was changed? Am I understanding that correctly? I would do this if that is the case.

STILL COULD RUN A LITTLE RICH FROM THAT & NEED A TUNE :(

So without the exhaust the K&Ns would probably not be worth the cost or trouble. Just my short take but irs your bike and money. You enjoy that bike.

Back