K-drive saddlebags from NewR3

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
I was checking the NewR3 site this morning and saw these bags. They look like a good buy. I bought the Edge bags and mounts but had I seen these, would probably have gone this way. The Edge bags/mount is exceptional but these have a couple of additional features (lock from the inside plus carry straps) and are about $100 less. Nice design.

http://www.newr3.com/html/saddlebags_and_mounts.html

I have a set of the K-Drive (Kentucky Drive) Iparex bags. They mount and demount in about 10 seconds. The internal lock is a cheap 90 degree cross lock (but it works). The bags are 100% waterproof and they hold lots of gear and don't look funny when over stuffed. The picture of the puffed bag is holding an arctic suit. The straps and belts are leather so they need care from time to time. Overall quality is good. They are sold in two sizes, opt for the larger size.

xhdskip said:
welcome PriorityOne,
How long have you had your R3?
color?
Welcome aboard from Oklahoma.

Mine is 2006 in Graffite. Got 15K miles on it now. I have kind of been on that 'other' site but am tiring of it. This one is much better!

Yeah, I get my kitty litter by the dump truck load at $200.00/load. The plus side I only need 4 loads to do my driveway (1200 feet) at 2" deep. The bad news I have to do it every 2 years. By the time I'm to old to ride the base mat for paving my drive should be about 4 feet thick. :shock: :shock: :shock:

if ya already got r3 leather bags , these inexpensive bag inserts do the same thing. just lift right out to take inside/etc. made in usa too! plus engraving free if you leave them somewhere. -------somebody on here gave me info. on them ,but can't find it?? they are made to fit goldwing i think??? but fit r3 leather bags great. (i covered my phone #--so no wives would call!! :lol: :lol: )

Back