just went dark about 2 hours ago

wjb3805

.020 Over
just went dark about 2 hours ago. if the first 15 miles are any indication, I'm here to stay...

Jeff
2006 R3
Nexen 225/55-R16

You put a car sized motor on a bike and expect the MC tire manufacturers to follow suit. Not happening. So that leaves us with this sad low tech alternative. Now wjb3805 expect frequent fuel stops and drag starts. Those poor rear brakes ain't cheap neither.:(

But Flip has the best price on them brakes, and it takes all of 5 minutes to change em out.

I'd say my "sad low tech alternative" is pretty ok..
Better on a wet road than stock,
better mileage,
lower cost,
looks better too.
Not all that bad for a sad low tech alternative, IMHO.

But Flip has the best price on them brakes, and it takes all of 5 minutes to change em out.

I'd say my "sad low tech alternative" is pretty ok..
Better on a wet road than stock,
better mileage,
lower cost,
looks better too.
Not all that bad for a sad low tech alternative, IMHO.

Not to mention a much smoother ride.

You put a car sized motor on a bike and expect the MC tire manufacturers to follow suit. Not happening. So that leaves us with this sad low tech alternative. Now wjb3805 expect frequent fuel stops and drag starts. Those poor rear brakes ain't cheap neither.:(
BaggageB, I think you came out too early on the lighter side of life and are now wishing you too could smoke a fatty:D

But Flip has the best price on them brakes, and it takes all of 5 minutes to change em out.... IMHO.
They are too...easy to change!:D

Welcome to the shady side of the launch pad. Ive had mixed feelings. But have never been sorry. As Skipper said, there are all those benefits. The fatty can be a handful at times:eek: You'll find, a clutch feathering technique at low speed cornering is advised.

Last edited:

Actually after 200 some miles, I have observed the following:

handles curves like it was glued to the pavement

smoother ride

takeoff feels normal

braking feels solid during hurry stops, otherwise normal

hard accel has a split second hesitation, then warp speed as usual

does seem to coast to a stop a little quicker

picked up 3 mpg, that ones a fact. the numbers say so.

otherwise as Dennis Miller says, "thats just my opinion, I could be wrong!"

have fun...

What brand and size did you end up going with? And what's on the front?

I just noticed Nexen at the bottom ... is that what you went with? What is it?

What brand and size did you end up going with? And what's on the front?

I just noticed Nexen at the bottom ... is that what you went with? What is it?

rear is a nexen n5000, 225/55r16. the dealer said it was a side brand of either BFG or Goodyear dont recall for sure. is somewhat of a soft compound and rides and handles most excellent.
the front is whatever is standard issue off the showroom floor. (Metzler?)

extra benefit- taller tire added 3 mpg to my range.

Dark side Sweden

Hi guys

Went over to the dark side yesterday, first one in Sweden

I went for Dayton 225/55-16

Looks good, feels good, saved money, perfect!!!

Back