Just started missing

Frosty Rider

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 R III T, 2020 R 3GT, 2001 HD CVO WideGlide
Good Day, I went out the garage yesterday to make sure bike was good to go this weekend, since they are calling for a balmy +5C, it started up no problem, but you could hear a slight miss, figured it was cold and just needed to warm up, but once warmed up, you could still hear it, and you would get some back firing when you brought up the throttle, it sounds as though all 3 cylinders are firing, but one is weak (either that or one cylinder is dead and this thing still runs like a champ on 2 cylinders). I have had this happen a couple of times before, and when it happens I would reload the tune into the ECU and that seemed to clear it up.

should I have to be reprogramming this thing every 4-months or so, I would think not, but experience is dictating other wise, or i'm doing something wrong when programming,

setup is as follows,
Ram Air
Jardine Full exhause, header all the way back
PCV
Autotune with single O2 sensor
Iridium spark plugs, about 1.5 years old

when I retune it with tune ecu I put in the tune that I received from Hanso, accept it, and the bike seems to be fine again, (haven't done it yet this time), i'm wondering, when the bike is running, and the Autotune is doing its thing, am I supposed to go in and accept the new trims in the main ECU or the PCV (I also have a tune from Hanso for the PCV as well), or am I just supposed to leave the AutoTune and everything alone, and just let Autotune do whatever it does in the background on each ride after I reinstall the maps?

Might be a vacuum leak somewhere - re: backfiring through throttles. Check all your vac hoses and also the injector seals where they seat in the manifolds (that was my problem).

Check the LOW TENSION contacts on the coils. Not suffered myself but many have.
Including me. One is much harder to get to than the other two. Murphy's law told me that would be the one with the loose connection. Of course, it was the easiest one. The contact came off without any pressure at all. I cleaned both sides and tightened the contact with a pair of pliers. Put it back on and the bike runs perfectly. Easy to check with a reasonable chance of a loose connection being the problem. At least do it first to eliminate it as a problem. I changed the fuel filter and the spark plugs before I checked the coils. Murphy has a lot to answer for...

Frosty rider l had a similar problem with my 2009 touring it has triple K&N filters full jardine exhaust power commander 5 and auto tune I checked everything I could think of to make a long story short it was a bad power commander . If you have a tune in the ecu for the jardines and ram air I would disconnect the power commander and see how it runs.

Back