Just Sent This to PowerCommander Techs...

MiamiDave

Supercharged
Just Sent This to PowerCommander Techs...

Good Morning,

I have a Triumph Rocket PC3 USB and have been using your maps with limited success, and a horrendous loss in fuel mileage during highway cruising.

I am not the only one, and over at the Rocket website, we've generated a couple of questions.

1. Triumph has several Rocket Tunes for various exhausts and countries. What was your baseline Triumph tune for the PC Downloads? We are guessing it was for a non-California Rocket with factory gear, but again-just guessing.

2. What octane/air/temp/environment was that Rocket tuned in..?

3. With the 02 sensor deleted, will the bike's computer still be able to self adjust for environment/elevation changes?

4. Should we really be experiencing such large drops in mileage by just the addition of the PC?

The website is here, and is a Rocket owner's website.
http://www.r3owners.com/index.php?sid=0 ... ecac15516c

Thank you in advance,

Dave

The Response I received was to call their Tech line.

I called their "tech" line and spoke with someone who really didn't sound awake, nor as knowledgeable as I would have preferred. Regardless he gave the following answers, which more or less make sense:

The baseline tune that all their downloadable ones is based upon the factory United States tune. For that I was led to believe that it was for a bike with the empty cat box and factory silencers.

And to that, with my 20055 tune (cat delete), means I am running grossly rich as I partially guessed, but was further mentioned on this site.

The Rocket was tuned in their facility in Las Vegas, which is more or less a high temperature low humidity environment that is 2000 feet above sea level. Temperature swings vary greatly 50-100 degrees over the year (75F and 25% humidity today).

According to the "ONE," the Rocket will still be able to adjust for air temps and atmospheric changes.

He also stated that if the PC is compensating for a factory lean condition, their will be a reduction in fuel mileage.

Regardless, I'm getting it dyno tuned Friday since this is getting ridiculous.
For the rest, depending on mods, this explains some of our questions...

MiamiDave said:
The Response I received was to call their Tech line.

I called their "tech" line and spoke with someone who really didn't sound awake, nor as knowledgeable as I would have preferred. Regardless he gave the following answers, which more or less make sense:

The baseline tune that all their downloadable ones is based upon the factory United States tune. For that I was led to believe that it was for a bike with the empty cat box and factory silencers.

And to that, with my 20055 tune (cat delete), means I am running grossly rich as I partially guessed, but was further mentioned on this site.

The Rocket was tuned in their facility in Las Vegas, which is more or less a high temperature low humidity environment that is 2000 feet above sea level. Temperature swings vary greatly 50-100 degrees over the year (75F and 25% humidity today).

According to the "ONE," the Rocket will still be able to adjust for air temps and atmospheric changes.

He also stated that if the PC is compensating for a factory lean condition, their will be a reduction in fuel mileage.

Regardless, I'm getting it dyno tuned Friday since this is getting ridiculous.
For the rest, depending on mods, this explains some of our questions...

My dealer is an expert dyno tuner. He spoke to them for hours and still hasn't found out from them what Triumph maps their tunes are based on. 8)

Doug, yeah-I was not "inspired" by the idiot I spoke with, but it makes sense it was the factory tune-what else would make sense...?

MiamiDave said:
Doug, yeah-I was not "inspired" by the idiot I spoke with, but it makes sense it was the factory tune-what else would make sense...?

There are lots of factory tunes. As we have seen, it isn't always clear to people on these forums what tune they have. DynoJet should be able to tell you which Triumph tune was in the bike with the Jardine setup. 8)

Back