britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
It was a great day here in Virginia, about 75 degrees, partly cloudy, but you knew the chances of getting wet were really slim. I pulled out about 9:30am and hit the foothills visiting a couple of bike shops (one Harley Dealership was having an open house and the Rocket drew more attention than any HD in the lot). I pulled back into my driveway around 2:30 pm with 195 miles on the Beast. I am beginning to realize that due to age and arse endurance, 500 mile days are truly becoming a thing of the past. Arthritics, bone on bone neck vertebrae, and general stiffness in all of the wrong places are really starting to set in thanks to good old Father Time. Just an observation at age 63 with a couple of cold beers under my belt to ease the pain, a ride on a good motorcycle with no particular destination or time restraint is still one of life's pure joys.

Must be nice:) 38 degrees at my house managing to reach 42 with scattered rain. Riding days are comung to an end and the snowmobile will be out in due time. My aerostich with liner is pretty good for the cold, but I need the heated grips. And I am going to have to do something about my helmet shield fogging up. I sure hate to stop riding. Maybe it is time to find a four mont Florida rental in the winter:) then again when we have enough snow, riding the ski doo is a blast.

I often get home for a ride and the Mrs will say
"How was your ride?"
"Great" I say
"Where'd ya go?" she asks
"No idea" I reply.

We have some beautiful countryside around here and I just get on and ride without a care in the world where I'm going. Ya gotta love it.

As for the OP, I'm just about to turn 53 and am suffering for aches and pains already:(

If my 69 year old Mom can get out and ride in 24 degree weather I reckon I can't whine too much when it's cold out. Notice she is on a Touring even! :eek:

I am ready to get back home and fire up the Rocket, I've had all the snow I want until next year....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 55
Back