Just received a survey from Triumph marketing

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
Curious, they wanted you to say you own a Triumph before proceeding, and in the model ID, *our* Rocket III was not even an option (they had the Rocket 3 R / GT).

Fairly tedious, comparing Triumph to other brands, with word association, and other motorcycles owned, how motorcycle used.

Hmmm if they want a opinion on the new Rocket3 then I center my replies around the fact that it doesn't have much for touring. I do like the looks of it so I do not want to kick them. But they way the GT comes its hard to see the grand touring. Unless you have someone with a real rocket that can carry your gear. Its kind of like we sell you the Gt bike but you won't be able to get accessories until someone else designs them. But hey take my wife purse it holds a lot :)
I also like the supercharged h2 it looks set up better for touring.

Hmmm if they want a opinion on the new Rocket3 then I center my replies around the fact that it doesn't have much for touring. I do like the looks of it so I do not want to kick them. But they way the GT comes its hard to see the grand touring. Unless you have someone with a real rocket that can carry your gear. Its kind of like we sell you the Gt bike but you won't be able to get accessories until someone else designs them. But hey take my wife purse it holds a lot :)
I also like the supercharged h2 it looks set up better for touring.
For long multi-day trips with a passenger ,that GT will stand for Get a Trailer. I can see where it would be a fun bike for solo day rides, but with the little seat and no place to move your feet around I wouldn't be comfortable beyond 100 miles.

For long multi-day trips with a passenger ,that GT will stand for Get a Trailer. I can see where it would be a fun bike for solo day rides, but with the little seat and no place to move your feet around I wouldn't be comfortable beyond 100 miles.
Good point there.

no place to move your feet around I wouldn't be comfortable beyond 100 miles.
....Ive ordered the mid controls for my GT...i prefer my feet under me....i can stand up then if i want. I'm hoping i can leave the front pegs in place too so i can stretch the legs out the front and lay my heels over them.....might work?

....Ive ordered the mid controls for my GT...i prefer my feet under me....i can stand up then if i want. I'm hoping i can leave the front pegs in place too so i can stretch the legs out the front and lay my heels over them.....might work?

Directly under you is better on the back. But having the forward controls to stretch is a good idea too

I'll fill it out: The old model was a classic. The new one is a Diavel copy which looks like they missed finishing the back end. I thought I was being hard on the new one, but went and saw it in person today. Pictures of it looked bad, and it is just as bad in person. If someone else loves it, good on them.

Back