Just got home with a freshly imported 2015 Rocket 3 Roadster ABS. :)

mstraub72

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster ABS, Black & Red
Hello all! Mike here, reporting from Leduc, AB, Canada. I found a steal of a deal on a 2015 R3 Roadster in Mount Vernon, WA, and had to jump on it. I've been humming and hawing over buying it, as it's a huge difference from my current bike, the 5th Gen Honda VFR800 ****** rocket....but every review I've read, every YouTube video I watched just said "do it!". And I'm sick of a ****** rocket position when I'm in slower traffic, which is most of the time. At speed, hard to beat that feeling of dropping a knee into a corner, but that's not real life most days...so, time for a change.

So, when I talked the guy down to a low enough number, I hopped on a plane for Vancouver, buddy whipped me down to test ride and pay the dealership, and then back down a few days later after all the import paperwork fiasco was handled. 3 awesome days across their gorgeous Cascades highway, the 20 Eastbound starting from Sedro-Woolley, WA, all the way to Shelby, MT. Gave me lots of time to get used to the big beast. It is SO different, yet so awesome. It's power reminds me of the brutal acceleration of a sports bike, and yet it actually corners fairly well. I'm the towering 5' 8", so balls-of-my-feet parking lot maneuvering is a bit of a challenge still (would love some input from Corbin seat owners, confirming if they're REALLY 2.5" lower than stock? Seems hard to believe, but sure hope so!), but besides that, it's amazing how this big of a bike just....fits. Now, to get a lower seat, a Kaoko throttle lock, and some removable bags on her, STAT. :)

Home last night after successfully passing the border, just waiting on the Canadian RIV paperwork, then she's plated and legal. Juuuuuuuuuust in time for the snow to fall. Haha....**** it...

Take care all, and ride safe.

Attachments

• 2017-09-02 15.16.32.jpg
    2017-09-02 15.16.32.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 6
Congratz on your find and welcome to the brotherhood of Rocketters. I am about 5'8" with a 29 inseam an feel your pain. I am sure there are plenty of ideas as to what to do to lower the seat height. Rockets are great for eating up miles and miles and miles.........

Oh ya..........Welcome from Indiana

Welcome to the club! As a towering 5'7" and having had the same concern as you after first purchasing my R3T I can say I got used to it pretty quick.

Welcome from Texas, but I was a Pacific North Westerner for 7 years. Beautiful riding country up there...when the sun is out. :D

Welcome from the South Island of New Zealand,.....congrats on the purchase of the Rocket and you do realize don't you, that you have the fast one cos its black with red stripes!!!...like mine!...good stuff and a great way to get the feel of it doing a nice ride like that to get her home...enjoy..

Welcome. I am also 5-8. No problems at all with seat height. And I have slightly higher set suspension.
Take the seat to good upholsterer and have it done to fit you. Always better. Esp if you'll be winter bound.

Back