Just bought my 2006 yesterday

wyrdsmith

Standard Bore
Ride
2006 Rocket III Special Edition
I've already put an hour on it, and my face was just a constant grin. I moved up from a 2001 Road Star 1600, which was already a torquey bike, but the difference is night and day. I didn't even realize I was cruising along at around 85 last night on the freeway until I glanced down at the speedometer. The bike just takes it and begs for more. The engine already has 60k miles on it, but I'm planning on putting another 60k onto it.

Couple of things I noticed are it appears to have a very minor oil leak around the transmission case, anyone have any recommendations for an additive? I also need to do the EB relay kit mod. My keys were hot, so it's likely the previous owner never rerouted the wiring. And lastly I think I'd prefer floorboards with highway pegs, so if anyone can point me to which forum I need to post to so I can offer up my pegs and controls for trade, let me know.

I just know this is going to be my forever bike.

IMAG0483.jpg
IMAG0485.jpg
IMAG0486.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tribal Blue is rare. Congrats on a good looking bike. Instead of EB contact @DEcosse for his ignition relay kit. It is MUCH better than the EB kit. His is plug/play where the EB has to cut and spliced and you have to find the right wires. I installed the DEcosse kit. He can make it with several options as you like it. I got the extra wire and installed mine with a on/off switch.

Tribal Blue is rare. Congrats on a good looking bike. Instead of EB contact @DEcosse for his ignition relay kit. It is MUCH better than the EB kit. His is plug/play where the EB has to cut and spliced and you have to find the right wires. I installed the DEcosse kit. He can make it with several options as you like it. I got the extra wire and installed mine with a on/off switch.

Amen on this, Bill!
Was out on YurMama yesterday because of a cage attacking Kong on the freeway and doing some minor damage. Kong is rideable, but since police are investigating, I chose to leave it as is for now.
Anyway, my point is:
WHAT a PITA dealing with a key is after so many years with Ken's keyless!
BTW - Rob & I will be riding through your way Oct 3 rd or 4th on way to Leakey, TX.
Wanna get together for a little visit?

Amen on this, Bill!
Was out on YurMama yesterday because of a cage attacking Kong on the freeway and doing some minor damage. Kong is rideable, but since police are investigating, I chose to leave it as is for now.
Anyway, my point is:
WHAT a PITA dealing with a key is after so many years with Ken's keyless!
BTW - Rob & I will be riding through your way Oct 3 rd or 4th on way to Leakey, TX.
Wanna get together for a little visit?

You bet. Come on down. Do you need accommodations for the night ?

You lucky bugger that is a beauty of a bike in the correct color too. And very rare.

According to my VIN No mine was the same as yours when it left the factory.

I only have 30k miles on it and like you it is my forever bike too.

Enjoy your new toy.

Congratulations! Nice bike, and the tribal blue is not too common either.
Beautiful, but kill that purple light! ;):p:D

I do have a couple of sets of the rare Standard high angled better cornering clearance FOOTBOARDS A9758085
This light reading will inform you.;)
BOARDS ON MY ROADSTER - FINALLY!

The image below was from post#8 here Floorboard parts help

Link Removed

I believe they are comparing the Classic (LHS) to the Standard (RHS) in the photos not the Roadster, but the Roadster is probably as low as the Classic. I think @1olbull has boards on a Standard bar mount which gives the much increased clearance to the Roadster.

Standard
FOOTBOARDS A9758085
Includes Rocker Gear Lever
upload_2019-7-22_13-27-45.png

Classic
These are the CLASSIC FOOTBOARD KIT A9758081
Includes Rocker Gear Lever

Note the ENORMOUS brake pedal rubber on the Classic version similar to the Touring's version.

The R3T Touring version foot rail and boards will also retrofit Stds, Classics and Roadsters with a complete change over but an Aussie in WA did it recently with new parts from the dealer onto his Roadster and it was nearly Au$2000 in parts alone.

upload_2019-7-22_13-28-5.png

Last edited:
Back