Jumping out of first

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
Since my bike was new, if and only if, you shifted from neutral to first at a stop, it didn't go in all the way, had a tendency to slip back to neutral, I got used to holding it and double clutching and it was fine.

It took me a long time to notice, but I recently realized that after Carpenter rebuilt my tranny, it never did it again, ever, I wonder if it's the undercut dogs? Just an observation, it's like, wow, cool, LOL>

Since my bike was new, if and only if, you shifted from neutral to first at a stop, it didn't go in all the way, had a tendency to slip back to neutral, I got used to holding it and double clutching and it was fine.

It took me a long time to notice, but I recently realized that after Carpenter rebuilt my tranny, it never did it again, ever, I wonder if it's the undercut dogs? Just an observation, it's like, wow, cool, LOL>
Its hard saying as Robinsons said they do not cut first gear.! This is when I was discussing Fred's transmission problems. I would guess if Bob uses him he just sends the complete shafts and gears and gets a set back ready to drop in. which is the way to go IMO

Same problem from new. Then I started to do the double clutch from neutral to first and it has never done it again!

Just gotta get it all the way in...if you know what i'm sayin...lol.
Seriously, if you put it in 1st, ease the clutch while holding the shift lever down, you will feel it engage properly.

Never had this problem. When I pull up to a stop I'm in first gear. on a few occasions have had to move rather quickly to avoid getting rear ended at a stop. Having the bike in gear at a stop beats the hell out of looking for first gear when little miss fluffy is on her or his cell phone.

Last edited:
Just gotta get it all the way in...if you know what i'm sayin...lol.
Seriously, if you put it in 1st, ease the clutch while holding the shift lever down, you will feel it engage properly.

Like I said, double clutch and it's fine. The point is, now I don't need to, and every gear, fork, and the output shaft is new, so it's not because it's broken in or worn.

And it never happened downshifting to first as you stopped, only at rest from neutral to first.

Back