Journey to Rabbit Hash -1

scowherd

Top Fuel
We left the house about 10:00am and road several scenic and twisty local roads passing mostly horse farms and then headed up river towards Rabbit Hash passing through several small river towns in Kentucky. The road was great it appeared to have just been paved recently. The road had some long straights, sweepers, twisties and lots of elevations changes what a great road to be less than 10 miles form the house. We made our turn towards Rabbit Hash and as the road went from a 2 lane to barely 1 ½ lanes we new we were getting close. We then saw the welcome to Rabbit Hash Sign.

Just pass the welcome sign we saw another roads sign I have never seen before. I think it means Slow harleys ahead.

We have arrived at our destination just as we entered the town we saw what looked like a bike rally.

Last edited:
Journey to Rabbit Hash - 2

There were 100+ bikes parked on the side of the road and the only attraction around were the river and a general store.

We parked the bikes grabbed a 22oz beer and hung out with the locals. Come to find out this town has elected a dog for mayor. I know it sound unreal but check it out for your self. http://www.rabbithash.com/ After finishing the beer I decided it was time to head back on our journey home but not before a Bio break so I asked around and was pointed to the public facilities.

The wife spotted a great looking old bike we had to take a picture before we left.

Journey to Rabbit Hash - 3

We headed back down river and passed through Big Bone Lick and Beaver Lick KY. I had to add that thought the names were funny and the fact these 2 towns were next to each other were ironic. About 15 miles from home we decided it was supper time and stopped at what has to be one of the best restaurant to eat at in the area. It is connected to a working flour Mill.

What a great day if you ever make it Kentucky be sure to make it to Rabbit Hash.

Scowherd, apparently the locals don't know the difference between the Stars and the Moon. :eek: Nor, the difference between bucks and does neither in nor out of season. A Star is symbolic of one gender and the moon another...for those not aware.

Last edited:
Back