Josh. Nice to meet ya.

Jsmcdorman

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring
So, I never introduced myself. My name's Josh, I'm 26, and I work in the IT field for the local hospital, RMH in Harrisonburg. So, unlike every other analyst there, I don't have a college degree. Self taught because I honestly don't believe in dropping 100k on an education to go to a school, be told exactly what I need to learn, and not use a **** thing in the real world. I've been very lucky and blessed to get into the position I have no and have a boss that when given the ultimatum of leaving the company, found me a job I love within 3 days. I am a workaholic, but the Rocket 3 has helped me overcome that. I got a 2014 Rocket Touring and I absolutely love it! I'm naturally a big guy, 6'4 and 320 pounds, who was going to go play college ball for JMU, Richmond, or UVA but after two surgeries on my ankle I made a life decision that I look back on and love what I did. I walked away. I shattered my ankle and when I say shattered I'm not exaggerating. Completely broken, ligaments torn, and barely able to walk. However in a game situation the adrenaline is pumping so of course you play on it. Needless to say my doctor actually told me he could brace it up to get through the season or take the surgery. I would like to walk when I'm an old man so it was a no brainier. JMU withdrew the offer, Richmond was going to give me a partial, and UVA wanted me to come on as a walk on, play a year and depending on how it did, would give me a scholarship. Wasn't worth it. Biking has been that thing that lets me just go out and enjoy life. I started on a Suzuki c50t but it just wasn't enough for me. I went to the local triumph dealer and they put me on a Thunderbird. That was a nice ride except for one tiny thing. It felt smaller than my c50t. My legs were cramped and just uncomfortable. Hence when they introduced me to a brand new 2014 Rocket 3 Touring. Been on the lot for 2 years and nobody bought it. I got on and knew that I found a gem. Been living on it ever since. Attached is a picture my project for tomorrow. Actually speaking of which I need to reach out to @HansO for some final advice. Hey @HansO I'm most likely going to fit the RAMair in first do the 12 minute tune and then do the exhaust system. After that I'll put that tune on you sent me. Again thanks for that. How would you proceed?

Forgot the Wonderful picture

Attachments

• IMG_20170913_195652.jpg
    IMG_20170913_195652.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 1
You joining just dropped the average age to at least 55. Welcome and I look forward to seeing your bike once you get done with your first project.

Hello Josh and welcome from Dumfries. I do some work every so often in your neck of the woods. And you have the only active volcano in Virginia there in Bridgewater, lucky you...

Back