Joining the club (v. 2.5)

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
The "bike’s in the mail," so some of these questions may seem obvious to those of you who can actually touch one- I can’t just yet.
  • I’ve been changing my own tires on the Roadster (MojoLever) - we’ll see how it goes with the R. Marc Parnes makes tire balancing tools for most bikes, but not yet for the 2.5 Rockets. He asked for some photos of the wheel, hub and basic measurements so he can start producing them. If anyone has their wheel off, currently, and can share, that would be much appreciated.
  • Speaking of tires. I go through them quickly- what are all the non-stock options/recommendations?
  • I’m told that the warranty is transferable (I bought it used with just 127 miles). Can I do the first oil change , or do I Have to take it to the stealer for all servicing (valve adjustments, etc.) so they'll honor the warranty?
  • How about custom tunes, like Penner's? Does that void the warranty, or do you just switch back to the original when inquiring minds want to know?
  • Surely, more to come....
blakesbike.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 8.17.53 AM.png

Is it just me, or is the 2.5 club a little “different” than the Rocket III club? OK, well, it's probably just me.
Talking to myself here, but here goes...
Hub/axles size of the rear- in order to balance tires. I guess when I pull it (bike to arrive in a few days) I’ll send specs to Marc Parnes and share what I find out. If someone beats me to it, great, thanks in advance.
Tires: Options-
Front (stock)- 150/80 R17
▪ Avon Cobra Chrome $222
▪ Metzeler ME888 Marathon Ultra $262

▪ Bridgestone G701 Exedra Touring $163

▪ Dunlop Elite 4 $268

▪ Shinko SE890 Journey Touring $134

▪ Others ???

Rear (stock)- 240/50 R16

▪ Avon Cobra Chrome AV92 $307 (You're s**t’n me)

• Metzeler ME889 $422 (that's hilarious)
▪ Bridgestone Exedra Max (240/55R-16) This will change the rake
$193

What kind of maintenance voids the warranty- dunno

• Tunes/warranty- dunno

• Basic Maintenance - oil change, valve adjustment- dunno
Surely, more to come....

◦ Alternative side cases- Hepco and Becker soft bags
◦ There is no available touch up kit for Kosi Red. (T3120300) Korsi red touch-up paint is listed as "unavailable." This appears. for now, to be the only available option.... RS Motorbike Paint Online Store

Last edited:
I do think the RIII and 2.5 “clubs” could be a little different. Since the 2.3 bikes have been around a while they have had years to develop a following that worked up more modifications. The 2.5 bikes are new and lag behind in those modifications and accessories.

Secondly the new bikes are just much improved in stock form from the older ones. Time may move theses groups together. I suggest riding the new one stock for a bit and see what you think it really needs. I’m amazingly pleased with my stock TFC.
See you soon on the roads.

My guess is that for my first swap I'll go with Exedras front and back. That would change the rake though. I'd be all ears if anyone has tried the Exedra on the back.

the excedra is to big to fit back of late r3 w/o moding.

Back