Joining at the end of an era

mjp2

.020 Over
I bought my R3 new back in 2005 and immediately took it for a solo cross country break-in ride. It was a transitional point in my life when I'd had enough and decided to make the changes that I'd hoped would happen on their own. Quit my job, sold my house, threw out most of my possessions, etc.

From NJ to Oregon via the scenic 2-lane roads. Saw the country, made friends that I still have today, experienced life. Hell, I even made it to the summit of Devils Tower. Great trip.

Since then I've ridden from Maine to Florida several times, including a great time in Key West during Fantasy Fest. Somehow having some random pink chick sitting on my bike was just normal lol. The bike's done some living, as have I through it.

I'm here a decade after the fact, documenting a couple of things and getting the machine ready for a new owner. As a new father, I've wrestled with the solo-vs.-family fun question and I believe it's time to move the bike along to someone else who will enjoy it as much as I have over the years.

The wife has joined me on rides many times, but the infant...well, it'll be awhile before he can appreciate the R3 experience. I'll be swapping out to a boat in the near term for more inclusive experiences but will be back in the saddle one day. That day may be a decade off, but I'll come back. :)

Attached are some pics from that break-in ride from many years ago.

Attachments

• r3_tower.jpg
    r3_tower.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 2
  • r3_basin.jpg
    r3_basin.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2
  • r3_kansas.jpg
    r3_kansas.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2
  • r3_sunflowers.jpg
    r3_sunflowers.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 2
  • r3_nebraska.jpg
    r3_nebraska.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 2
  • r3_wyoming.jpg
    r3_wyoming.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2
  • r3_gardiner.jpg
    r3_gardiner.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 2
  • r3_yellowstone.jpg
    r3_yellowstone.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 2
A couple more pics just because. Ready for a cold March ride to Florida, and that random pink chick that I found sitting on my bike.

Attachments

• r3_March.jpg
    r3_March.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 4
  • r3_randomPink.jpg
    r3_randomPink.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 4
Thank you! You live in an absolutely GORGEOUS state for riding. Staying hydrated is a trick but totally worth it for the scenery. :)

Yeah, I suck like that. :p To be fair I've mooched knowledge off this forum for a few years. The TuneECU resources are just incredible and really woke up my bike!

Welcome from Florida formerly from New Jersey,seems you've had a great relationship with your R3.Luck with your family

Thank you! The bike's always been excellent to me and I've loved all the miles. Hell, even the snow and hail miles make for good stories.

Back