Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
Well girls and guy, just got back from 11 days in Phoenix AZ. My brother, 2 sisters and our spouses rented a place and had a real blast. One of my brotherinlaws and I rented a couple of (cough) Harleys and toured Jerome. The trip between Prescott and Jerome was amazing. Some pics of our trip.
IMG_1397[1].JPG
The Harley Street Glide was nice with a 6 speed and cruise control. I could really get used to cruise control on a bike. The main issue with the ride was the inability to hold it's cruise speed when climbing a hill. In other words, the bike is gutless. Nice sound though. This bike is no Rocket. Handled well and the brakes were ok but..... nothing like a Rocket. The fairing did an excellent job of keeping the wind off me, especially past Payson where highway 260 and 87 junction....there was snow just off the shoulders....brrrr. Lovely state with excellent highways.

IMG_1396[1].JPG
IMG_1392[1].JPG
IMG_1390[1].JPG
IMG_1393[1].JPG
IMG_1394[1].JPG
IMG_1398[1].JPG

The back yard of our place was equipped with a pool, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, double garage and all the amenities for an enjoyable couple of weeks.
upload_2018-3-23_18-31-46.png

Map of our trip one way... Ran out of daylight.... Didn't realize how cool it got at night in the desert.

Last edited:
Here is a video of the ride. I didn't take the video but it gives you a feel for the actual ride. My biggest concern was oncoming traffic entering my lane....

Last edited:
@Gregger ...Was watching the video (thanks for making me relive it!;)) and I noticed a lot of new guard rail. When I went about 15 or 16 years ago guard rail was scarce on that mountain which made it all the worse for me. I still have the t-shirt I got in Jerome right after I calmed my nerves at the bar next door.

IMG_2564.JPG

@Gregger ...Was watching the video (thanks for making me relive it!;)) and I noticed a lot of new guard rail. When I went about 15 or 16 years ago guard rail was scarce on that mountain which made it all the worse for me. I still have the t-shirt I got in Jerome right after I calmed my nerves at the bar next door.

IMG_2564.JPG
I rode that road up to jerome ( CHRISTIAN NAME IN FRENCH) and it is as pleasant as most alpine roads in the alps ..

I rode that road up to jerome ( CHRISTIAN NAME IN FRENCH) and it is as pleasant as most alpine roads in the alps ..

Thanks for the warning Patrick...now the Alps can be added to my list of places (high up) not to go. And by the way, up to Jerome is not bad...its down to Jerome from the top!
:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for the warning Patrick...now the Alps can be added to my list of places (high up) not to go. And by the way, up to Jerome is not bad...its down to Jerome from the top!:eek::eek::eek:
well I hoped your brakes were up to the task ... I remember modding my fatboy in 2001 by installing a second disk up front.. as the fluid was boiling with just one disk and a wife behind me on that fatboy.

I love riding in AZ and what a ball you had and that's a most excellent route. Through want service did you rent the way cool home with pool?

I know that's Triumph heresy but I still like Harleys

Great report.

Back