Rocket65

Supercharged
Sometimes ride with a couple of neighborhood guys. They like to try to make fun of the Rocket. They came by yesterday and said "drag that oversize pos out and let's go down the road" (all in fun) So we are cruising where there is no traffic and they are racing each other (Harley 883 sportster and a Suzuki Marauder 800) I like to pull up next to them and laugh, then fly ahead. They say "Man that was cold to insult our bikes like that" We all laugh.

With those bikes, the only things those guys would be faster than you at are pushing backwards up a hill and answering questions from passers by.

I get a lot of greedy eyes at my bike from my friends. Most of them think it is awesome, but at the same think it is way too much bike for themselves.

I had a guy with an OCC shirt come up to my bike at the gas station the other day. He walked around it about 5 times. Finally he said....are you ready for it...are you..... "they still make Triumphs?". After that we got to talking about the things that really matter, displacement, HP, torque and how fast it goes. He said he was heading to the dealer to look at one. :)

bob

I get a lot of greedy eyes at my bike from my friends. Most of them think it is awesome, but at the same think it is way too much bike for themselves.

Yeah, a couple of my Harley buddies refuse to try it. Afraid they might want one.

Back in 08 I bought my 06 Rocket. The owner had inherited it from the estate of his life long Vietnam buddy who had passed from cancer caused by Agent Orange 2 years prior. It had been for sale for over a year. I asked him why it hadn't sold for a year. He said there were many many lookers. But they appeared to be intimidated by the size and,.... He said as soon as he fired the Jardines up they (mostly HD riders) would hastily retreat to their HD's and cars and he would never hear back.

Back