Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
930C9919-6E5E-46D0-9459-E3D8B85F69FD.jpeg
Hi all,

Question for those with the JBQ bracket.... on the left side of the bike I can only bolt with one bolt as there is nowhere else on the frame. The instructions say there used to be a bracket and speaking with the maker I have been told it’s redundant.... being that I’m a guy who doesn’t like stuff looking unfinished - is anyone else using like this? Does it work fine?

See attached pic for the left side mounting, you can see right hand bolt has nowhere to mount - I’m also a bit worried if the bracket is left installed it would just vibrate against the frame?!

My opinion, but I would get a bracket. It holds a lot of weight.

Here's what I have:
IMG_1883.JPG

Works great with one of those Harbor Freight Jacks, too.

Yeh... have been told they have none so it means I will have to fabricate it myself.... I’m not very happy considering the cost of the bracket!

I have the jbq for my 2015 r3t. I also was concerned about not using that other hole. Apparently they don’t make that little bracket anymore due to it really not being needed. I had my bike on my lift with the jbq for most of the winter here. I had no issues at all with safety or the security of the bike.
I wouldn’t worry about it at all.
Take care, Eric

That's a pretty crummy thing for JBQ to do. It was designed for the bracket so they should have provided it to the buyer. I have one on mine. With that said, with some flat steel stock from the hardware store, a torch to heat it and a vise to do the bends and it would not be difficult to fabricate one. I've done it previously when rebuilding sixties vintage Triumph twins

New touring brackets don't even have the hole for the "clip"
From the onset, the Roadster JBQs never had the hole or the clip.
It's not needed, and when the clips ran out, they were no longer made. There were probably less 10 sold with the hole and no clip.

Back