Toymn8r

.020 Over
I t's been a long time since I posted on this or any other forum.
I have found this site to be the best resource prior to spending my hard earned dollars on bling and bits for the Rocket. Many Thanks for the info

I finally bit the bullet and fitted up a set of Jardine Pipes to my RIII. I LOVE EM.

They look great sound great and personally I prefer the single pipe each side. Just my opinion.
I read somewhere on this site that Triumph were looking to address the Popping on Deceleration probs. At the mo I am running a stock tune and apart from the popping on decel the bike runs great. It feels like it is certainly quicker to rev and I can't feel any flat spots.:eek:
Would the Triumph tune for Cat delete and TORS be better than the stock tune I am running? I had the bike in for a recall recently to increase the idle and the popping on decel was signifigantly reduced with Mad doggies and Cat box. It's back with a vengeance now I have fitted the Jardines

My question is this. I have been told by mechanics @ Triumph dealers both in Tassie and now back in Alice Springs that the bikes computer will not let it run to lean or to rich, it will adapt to certain changes in exhaust etc. I was also told by the same mechanics that I probably won't need to fit a Power Commander III unless I change the aircleaner setup as well.
I would appreciate some input on this before I shelve out a further wad of cash. I do not have access to a Dyno anywhere within 1500 kms.

By the way I was also reading that Mad Dogs are not being made any more. I fitted Mad Dogs to my bike from new and now have a set for sale. If anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers Bart

I t's been a long time since I posted on this or any other forum.
I have found this site to be the best resource prior to spending my hard earned dollars on bling and bits for the Rocket. Many Thanks for the info

I finally bit the bullet and fitted up a set of Jardine Pipes to my RIII. I LOVE EM.

They look great sound great and personally I prefer the single pipe each side. Just my opinion.
I read somewhere on this site that Triumph were looking to address the Popping on Deceleration probs. At the mo I am running a stock tune and apart from the popping on decel the bike runs great. It feels like it is certainly quicker to rev and I can't feel any flat spots.:eek:
Would the Triumph tune for Cat delete and TORS be better than the stock tune I am running? I had the bike in for a recall recently to increase the idle and the popping on decel was signifigantly reduced with Mad doggies and Cat box. It's back with a vengeance now I have fitted the Jardines

My question is this. I have been told by mechanics @ Triumph dealers both in Tassie and now back in Alice Springs that the bikes computer will not let it run to lean or to rich, it will adapt to certain changes in exhaust etc. I was also told by the same mechanics that I probably won't need to fit a Power Commander III unless I change the aircleaner setup as well.
I would appreciate some input on this before I shelve out a further wad of cash. I do not have access to a Dyno anywhere within 1500 kms.

By the way I was also reading that Mad Dogs are not being made any more. I fitted Mad Dogs to my bike from new and now have a set for sale. If anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers Bart
Go tune boy mate,ya carnt beat it

Bart

The stock ECU can change fuel mixture to compensate for changes in air temperature, density, and load in a NARROW RANGE. Changing exhaust systems to a free flowing exhaust like Jardines is definitely out of this range, and your R3 will run lean if you do not install a new tune for the change. The TORs tune will still be too lean. TuneBoy is the fastest way to drop in a tune that will be close.

Don't be mistaken you can lean. I had Triumph off road pipes and cat delete and supposed correct Triumph tune. It pop on decel bad. Bought it brand new from sydney that way. Anyway found some nice mufflers in Japan and thoght I would put bike on dyno. Dyno man advise bike dangerously lean. It felt like it ran fine and blew mostbikes away.
Anyway decided on getting a tuneboy another great aussie product and putting 3 K&N filters on the throttle bodies. Upload some tunes from this website. Wow! It runs some much better and smoother it aint funny. You will sacrifice about 15% fuel consuption however. I can't recommend tuneboy enough. You can also fix speedo 7% overread error and adjust idle plus more. All the information on how to and tunes is on this website. Dealers in general do not know much at all on the tuning of this bike. All they do is upload triumph tunes which are less than desirable and very restrictive to meet adr.
Cheers Mav Sydney

Thanks for the input

Thanks Guys
I was under the impression that I would need to dyno the bike if I fit a Tune boy. I don't have access to a dyno in Alice Springs. The nearest one would be 1500 kms away.
Will the bike running this lean do any damage to it?

Thanks again

Bart:confused:

Thanks Guys
I was under the impression that I would need to dyno the bike if I fit a Tune boy. I don't have access to a dyno in Alice Springs. The nearest one would be 1500 kms away.
Will the bike running this lean do any damage to it?

Thanks again

Bart:confused:
It would be the optimum to get it dynoed,but if you get the tune boy program,you just load a tune that has the same set up as you and it will be fine.Heaps of guys are doing it this way;):D:D

Sounds Like tune boy for me

Thanks again for the info. I suppose I will put some $ away for the Tune boy setup.

In the meantime should I still have fun blowing the socks off other bikes or garage it till tune boy fitted?

Cheers Bart:cool:

I would get a PCIII or Tuneboy. I do know someone that has Jars and doesn't have either, the dealer installed the pipes and a triumph aftermarket exhaust tune, but I think it would be a little lean.

Thanks Pig

I will probably get the tune boy. I was just wondering what damage would be done to it if I continue to ride as is until tune boy arrives. Will too lean burn out valves or anything else that I should know.

I just don't want to stay off it unless I have to. Way to much fun:rolleyes:

Back