Jardine Installation details

starker

Standard Bore
Jardine Installation details Help Please

Hello all,
I just got the Jardine kit for my 2005 R3.

I am having trouble figuring out what exact clamps go where and how in the installation.

Namely the most important clamp, at the header to right pipe.
Which clamp is supposed to go there and..

How is it installed to give access to tighten and have clearance for the heat shield that goes over it.

I have sent this grip to Jardine. I am quite discussed at how much of a Puzzle this is.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I just got the Jardine kit for my 2005 R3.

I am having trouble figuring out what exact clamps go where and how in the installation.

Namely the most important clamp, at the header to right pipe.
Which clamp is supposed to go there and..

How is it installed to give access to tighten and have clearance for the heat shield that goes over it.

I have sent this grip to Jardine. I am quite discussed at how much of a Puzzle this is.

not sure on the older bike, but on the newer bike, both clamps were the same (to connect the mufflers). The small hose clamps were for the header heat shields. Large hose clamps for the muffler heat shields

as far as position of the clamp at the header, I positioned it between the pipe & the motor with the nut toward the air box pointing toward the back left blinker. there was enough room to use a wrench to tighten it (with the lower rail cover & side cover off) and it did not interfere with the heat shield.

The header to the right muffler does not have a clamp. You are supposed to connect these with high heat exhaust sealant. I never could get it to seal so I ended up just welding the header to the right muffler. Haven't had a problem since... lol

I mounted the header and the right muffler snug.. and then mounted the right muffler. Then I tacked around the header/muffler joint and took the assembly off as one piece and finished welding it. I see no reason to have to remove the header/right muffler assembly for any reason other than to replace a gasket or pull the head, and it comes off as one piece fairly easily.

Yet another failure of design

So One of the reasons I wanted to try after market is..
Triumph did a major skrew up with the threaded sleeve welded to the header near the O2 sensor.
As a result, anyone who is short.. Will fatigue out the welded thread because the stock, triangular heat shield has NO 3rd support.
I have attempted to contact Triumph about this with no success.

Now my gripe is with Jardine. Any exhaust part that doesn't come with its own sealing gaskets sounds to me like a 50 dollar Autozone special. I cannot believe they would locate that Junction without a good seal, and a position so inaccessible for clamping.
Should they take liability when hot exhaust blows on and effects the temper of the frame ??? !!!

I wonder if Jardine will pay me alot if I send them a turd dipped in chrome ??
I just want a bolt on exhaust solution, and tune that stands up to the integrity of a straight 3 with only one cam chain. I think the rocket3 engine is likely the motorcycle version of the proven Toyota 22R engine. Anyone making a bolt-on for it should consider it a privilege.

I bought a used (05') Jardine exhaust for my 08'. Installed with Permatex exahaust sealant I bought from Advanced Discount, put the clamp on where the left exhaust connects. I cleaned the connections very well and mocked up the system before removing and using the sealant. I followed the instructions on the sealant to a tee. No leaks, AWESOME exhaust. :D

Back