JohnnyCanuck

Supercharged
So after a great deal of humming and hawing I've finally decided to bite the bullet and go for the Jardines. My question is - what is the difficulty level for installing the Jardines yourself? I'm not the most mechanically gifted but I have the tools and know how to follow instructions. Any tips on install are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

So after a great deal of humming and hawing I've finally decided to bite the bullet and go for the Jardines. My question is - what is the difficulty level for installing the Jardines yourself? I'm not the most mechanically gifted but I have the tools and know how to follow instructions. Any tips on install are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

prettty simple actually I had mine powdercoated and installed them back in about 2hours just look and present the pipes to match the hole the only tricky part are the heat shields they look like they fit but since only one is supposed to fit each collector and the heat shield at the three into one make sure it match exactly the threads on. or you will rip the thread that is the only time consuming part of installation.

+1 to what Albertaduke said, and any time you're working with stainless steel threads make sure you use some form of lubricant.
Neversieze is the best but make sure you clean it off the outside surfaces before you fire up the pipes for the first time..

Take your time and fit everything together hand tight before locking all the bolts up then do them up in steps so they seat home evenly. That way everything will self align into the right places.

+1 to what Albertaduke said, and any time you're working with stainless steel threads make sure you use some form of lubricant.
Neversieze is the best

you're correct it is... dont think you guys ever thanked us 'mericans for inventing disco either

ive had jardines on my bike for about 3 years now after not being satisfied with the sound of staintunes

Think ive got a dud set as i have had them on & off the bike 4 times so far trying to get a decent seal on the pipes.

Have ground off the lugs that hold the covers on as they were starting to rust beneath both on pipes & covers , ive also got one pipe slightly higher than the other, I have tried quite a few times to get a better alignment , but think the bends are out slightly somewhere.

i have also tried different forms of silicone gaskets , new triumph copper seals on head ,hose clamps etc, everything ive tried i still end up with that annoying tick tick leak

All up im a little dissapointed with them , tho i do love the sound

Take your time with the heat shields they are the worst part

Also recomend new copper gaskets

Good luck with it

cheers

Pete

I never could get a good seal at the header junction. I kept blowing out whatever sealant I tried. I finally got pissed and welded that that joint. I can still take the header off, along with the right side muffler if need be, but I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.

I've had the Jardines on for a few years now and I still think they sound great. I e-mailed Jardine a while back about replacement baffles. They sell quieter baffles for $35.00 a piece. I may check into that someday, but not a priority.. :)

All great advice - it's these little tips that make all the difference between a frustrating tear your hair out job and a satisfying / enjoyable one.

I'm just hoping I don't somehow get a "dud" or lemon set like some Captains have talked about. It's sounds like, overall, the quality control for Jardines has improved over time.

Use hi-temp RTV silicon that is copper infused. Let it set up 24 hours before starting the bike up, otherwise you will blow it out. Make sure you use a torque wrench and check the acorn nuts again after a couple of warm up and cool down cycles.

Back