Jardine install completed

Indian

.040 Over
Install Update:
Well i got my Jardines on, there was a little pushing and pulling but overall they went on ok. I did the double gaskets. It took longer to put on the heat shields cause i didnt read MD's thread about putting them on the Header pipe before installing to the head, its a bit tight after they are on already, i can see how that would speed things up a bit. I put them on by myself, i can see where another set of hands would also help. Took about 2 hours. (about 1/2 hour to remove old system, but i didnt have a cat box).

Impression:
They look and sound awesome.
Very easy to feel the increased power throughout all rpm ranges.
I'm very impressed and happy that i got them.
When you start your bike now people notice. (even more than before)
Deciding now on the 3 K&N's.. do i need more power??? Probably!!

Complaints:
If they just bent the crossover pipe (left side muffler) a little bit more, it would have fit much easier and taken less time to install.

Better instructions would help. but thats why we have this forum to help us out where these companies leave us hanging..

Also since the pipes are louder, the popping on deceleration is also louder and more noticeable. Gonna work on the tuneboy to get rid of that.
If anyone has the correct tune or instructions on how to do that let me know.

Overall: I love them and highly recommend them.
Indy

Before Jardines: :(
After Jardines: :) :shock: :D :twisted:

Congratulations, The Jardines are a "slam dunk" IMHO. Make sure you get a fueler in there soon-'cuz the factory bike comes pretty lean to begin with. Adding the Jar's w/o fuel can be a problem-and to add triple K&N's? I would consider that engine suicide.

That being said, the 3 K&N's with the secondary plates removed gave me such a boost in power, I hardly notice the added power of the Jars/dyno tune!

Jethro did some before and after dyno tunes and saw a 9 RWHP jump from the Jardines tuned to the Jars+ K&N's tuned :shock:

Further, he removed the K&N's on the dyno to see if they were a choke point (as some have claimed). No difference.

The trip K&N/TP's is not for the feignt of heart. The bike becomes a totaly different creature in the lower gears, and the utmost caution used with passengers and tight turns. Under most conditions, WOT second gear can see air under the front.

Good luck, and remember there's a "How To" for that too!! 8)

MD, I currently am running the 20050-2 tune since i already had TOR's, No Cat, and K&N..

In Checking with Wayne at TB, he said the tunes weren't that diff from the jardines tune.

I put it on the dyno and it was actually rich when i put on the Jardines. I was surprised at that.
My dyno guy tried to lean it out throughout the rpm range and we seemed to have picked up around 7-9 hp from when we started.
I think we were in the 12.5 range for A/F now. Was tryiing to get it close to 13... Took a while for him to figure out how to change the settings and we kind of ran out of time. he wants to play some more. We'll see.

Bike runs good now. Was wondering if the Jardine Tune from TB would be more accurate though, Wayne said i could use that tune even without the POD filters.. I would imagine it would be rich again though.

I also asked him about the K&N in stock location and under tank, which was better and he said it didnt really matter as the biggest restriction is in the airbox itself, up by the throttle bodies not under the seat or tank.
What do you think..

Back