emielcornelis

Standard Bore
I recently bought an RIII. Love bike: power, torque, handles well...
Hate the sound. Did some reading and decided on a set of Jardines. It will give me some power increase, but I am after the sound. Bike has enough power as it is.
Simple question. To have a smooth running bike.
If i put the jardines on, do I need to change the air filters (more air)?
Do I need to retune?
Thanks

Retune

You'll definitely want to retune. I had my Jars installed by the dealer before I picked the bike up, and the service manager put what he called the "fattest" Triumph tune in the ECU. It popped like hell on decel, and after a week and a half, the inside of the pipes was still squeaky clean (running way too lean!). I got in on a group buy for a Tuneboy setup, downloaded a tune (thanks again Pig9r!) from the Trading Tunes forum specifically for the Jars and stock exhaust with adjustments to cure the decel popping and haven't looked back since. I'm still running the stock breather, but you can change the breathing setup for more power, and again, you'll want to re-tune to match the way the bike performs to the setup you have. BTW - I LOVE the sound with the Jars - very nasty. Hope this helps, look through the forums here, all your questions will be answered.

Mike

I run Jardines with a PC-III and DynoJets canned R-III tune. It runs good and I have very little popping.. I hope to get it dyno tuned at some point.

I ran like the post above and last month got the bike dynoed. Get the dynotune-it added 5 hp and almost 7lbs. of torque and resolved some lean spots. Worth it.

what we need is a sticky with the dyno sheets displayed so we can SEE everyones numbers without having to hunt for them.
How about it Pig9r?
I had mine dynoed and was looking for others to compare to.
that way we could see what works.
Maybe I just missed it, is there one here Brian?
Of course, since every dyno and location has different atmospheric conditions, it may not work.
Oh well, it sounded like a good idea at the time..

Last edited:
Start the thread Skip. I'll stick it.

I have several in the tune library. Send me your tune and dyno chart and I'll add them too.

Link Removed

ok.
I'll PM it to you.
As soon as I figure out how to copy a piece of paper into the computer.
Techno whiz, I ain't.
Probably have to wait on one of the kids to wake up...

PCIII or Tuneboy

PCIII or Tuneboy. I know the PCIII and there is a dyno for the setup. Tuneboy is less or not know in Singapore. So first choice would be PCIII. Unless there are big advantages with the tuneboy

Back