Jardine Exhaust request

slidderhd

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 R3T
Hey guys, I made several attempts to try and get Jardine to make their exhaust again. Jardine customer service was no help, so I went to the Super Trapp Face Book page and reached out. The first email listed below is Super Trapp's final response. The second email was my request. Please leave your thoughts.

From
:"Wells, Jeff" <jwells@supertrapp.com>
Date:Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 9:09
Subject:RE: Exhaust Need
Thank you for your interest.

It was a cost issue, as well as some incomplete tooling. Either way, the system was way underpriced and was a completely negative margin product.

Effectively to build something like that the cost would have to be more than three times what it was back then.

We did have a lot of request for the product, we found most of that was due to the low cost as well as it being a complete system. When we researched it further we found that majority of customers were not willing to pay that sort of money.

Thank you and good luck with your search.

Best,

Jeff Wells

Sales Manager

SuperTrapp Industries

4540 W. 160th St.

Cleveland, OH 44135

216-265-8400x125

www.supertrapp.com

www.jardineproducts.com

www.jbrake.com

www.fpsracing.com

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 1:18 PM
To: Wells, Jeff
Subject: Exhaust Need

I'm not sure who I need to talk to about getting a discontinued exhaust manufactured again? I was referred to you. I have been emailing Stevie Glorioso at Jardin. It seems that at the same time Supertrapp Acquired Jardin, the exhaust for the Triumph R3T was discontinued. It has been 3 years and your system is still the most sought after due to being the only complete system of 3 INTO 2. If cost was an issue for production stop, how many pre sales are needed and at what cost to bring it back even temporarily?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

STOP wasting your time, Amigo, and go with the CES out of OZ!
The CES is the BEST made system, definitely an easy plug 'n play and great value for what it is!
Put a GOOD dyno tune guru on it and you'll not believe the difference!
From a slow roll, Warpo and I went off twice (his a 240 hp) up to 100 mph.
He got me, but only by 4 lengths. Not bad considering mine is stock AND I outweigh him by 100 pounds!

STOP wasting your time, Amigo, and go with the CES out of OZ!
The CES is the BEST made system, definitely an easy plug 'n play and great value for what it is!
Put a GOOD dyno tune guru on it and you'll not believe the difference!
From a slow roll, Warpo and I went off twice (his a 240 hp) up to 100 mph.
He got me, but only by 4 lengths. Not bad considering mine is stock AND I outweigh him by 100 pounds!
I reckon Scott was playing with you:p

Yeah.... I don' think there will be any luck getting Super Trapp to build the Rocket III system. With Triumph dwindling down Rocket III accessories, I don't think the Rocket will be around a whole lot longer. It's already a low volume bike, and they need high volume to make any money.

**** dud, time and life got in the way, I forgot, I'll send you mine, see what it costs to get the minute leak in the front welded up, and send what you think it's worth. PM me an addy.

I reckon Scott was playing with you:p

Perhaps, but I don't think so.
Had we gone higher than 100 mph, no doubt the margin would have grown exponentially.
He was starting to walk away from me when he shut down at 100.
I be thinking most of the engine improvements are effective at the higher RPMs and remember 100 mph is NOTHING for the engines and what . . . three gears?

Ok maybe Scott rolled on in a higher gear. Third gear is good for 220 klm/h with a higher rev capacity

Ok maybe Scott rolled on in a higher gear. Third gear is good for 220 klm/h with a higher rev capacity

Naw, he set the rules. I wanted to go from a stop but the slow roll in low worked pretty well.
Mind you I am NOT trying to belittle doing the head work and am seriously still considering a Carp kit as well.
This just started me thinking about how frequently I actually "street drag" someone to speeds or distances beyond 100 mph.
A full quarter mile at a drag strip would indeed be a HUGE difference!
Another consideration is I would think coming out of the hole on a stock motor would be much easier (requiring less skill) than on a 240 or 270 HP monster.

Yeah.... I don' think there will be any luck getting Super Trapp to build the Rocket III system. With Triumph dwindling down Rocket III accessories, I don't think the Rocket will be around a whole lot longer. It's already a low volume bike, and they need high volume to make any money.

I can assure you the Rocket's not going anywhere. It will be changing forms pretty significantly though.

Back