Jardine, D&D, Tores ????

wjasand

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 R3R
I definately want to change my stock exhaust but am having a hard time deciding what to buy. I like the rumble of Harley but not getting rid of my R3T so what say you wise R3T owners with loud exhaust? Who has the best sound???

Thanks,
Bill

Mine is a R3 Standard, not an R3T but I don't think there's much difference as far as Jardines are concerned. I've had my Jardines for a few years now and I really like them. They have a deep rumble at idle and low cruising speeds that you can feel. Opening it up gives that Triumph triple growl.. Also with the right mapping, you'll pick up a good 20+ HP and 20+ lbs/ft of torque.. Maybe more with the R3T.. :)
I've had TORs as well, but they are way different than the R3T.

Jardines definitely have a nice low rumble at idle that does justice to the massive triple. Great sounding pipes but be forewarned, very loud. To the point that I just had custom ear plugs molded to reduce noise.

I found TORS to be somewhat whiny or wheezy but definitely more civilized.

Initially I didn't like the look of the Jardine header but, once they were on, really liked what I saw.

I put up with the sound of the Jardines for the performance they give. I'd love to have a quiet, stock sounding exhaust, but I'm addicted to the power. You'll never make an inline triple sound like a v-twin. She won't rumble, she'll just get louder.

Oh, I strongly suggest ear protection for anyone, loud exhaust or not. Otherwise, by the time you get to my age you'll find that you have a constant ringing that can be quite maddening at times.

I put up with the sound of the Jardines for the performance they give. I'd love to have a quiet, stock sounding exhaust, but I'm addicted to the power. You'll never make an inline triple sound like a v-twin. She won't rumble, she'll just get louder.

Oh, I strongly suggest ear protection for anyone, loud exhaust or not. Otherwise, by the time you get to my age you'll find that you have a constant ringing that can be quite maddening at times.

TOO LATE ....I have that ringing all the time nowadays and I must be at or past your age .
mind you airplane radial engines in my ears for 25 years are most likely to be blamed for that condition my riding loud pipes did not help either but to diminish that nuisance I listen to loud rock and talk louder.. any suggestions!!

TOO LATE ....I have that ringing all the time nowadays and I must be at or past your age .
mind you airplane radial engines in my ears for 25 years are most likely to be blamed for that condition my riding loud pipes did not help either but to diminish that nuisance I listen to loud rock and talk louder.. any suggestions!!

What?!?

Seriously, I've actually started looking at all those hearing aid ads in the newspaper. I'm really dreading that day. Latest telltale sign is I've started using closed captioning on some TV shows. I find female voices a bit hard to distinguish sometimes. A symptom my wife has long believed was selective.

Oh, I'll be 65 in a few months.

I put the jardines on my R3T and at first thought they were pretty loud, but everyone tells me that they are not any louder then most of the harleys on the road. I have not been a bystander hearing my bike, so I have no first hand knowledge or opinion on how loud it is. I need to put someone else on it so I can hear it go down the road....

They do have a nice deep rumble to them on decel, not the bad popping, just a nice deep mean ass sounding rumble... I have been trying to figure out what he bike sounds like going down the road, and to me, it sounds close to those obnoxious little cars with those big mufflers... :D

Anyway, I am not disappointed with my choice. Best performance and decent sound too.....

I definately want to change my stock exhaust but am having a hard time deciding what to buy. I like the rumble of Harley but not getting rid of my R3T so what say you wise R3T owners with loud exhaust? Who has the best sound???

Thanks,
Bill

I don't have an R3T but I have rode with a fella who does (Hi Kenny). He has tors on his and it really sounds nice (one on each side). A lot better sounding than the tors for the standard or tourer (the three pipe version).

If you are looking for loud go with he Jardines and pull the baffles. You will never achieve a twin sound and that is the beauty. We are a rare breed and dare to be different. To each is own. I had the baffles in with the packing and it was muted. I pulled the packing and it was still restricted. Now I only have only one baffle in. I do not see the point in owning a BIG bike and sounding like a vacuum cleaner.

Thanks

Thank you to everyone, your advice has been very informative. I will go with the Jardine's. I too agree a big bike should sound bad ass and not like a vacuum cleaner:D

Back