werner8550

Standard Bore
according to jardine the new baffler are only 1 db quieter, has any one compared them ?? wonder if the resonating is toned down ??

Resonance still there... Jardine told me two 2db on systems produced after 3/17/07.... It seems more like 5db to me and others.... Just as loud, but the new ones take the "edge" off so to speak..

Mike....

I have had both. The originals on my bike were very old, (early set) and I got new baffles from Jardine and replaced the old ones on my own set of pipes. I had to make a tool to pull out the old baffles, basically a sort of large washer, with the sides cut off, that is used with a slide hammer, dropped like a toggle into the muffler, snagged on the lip of the baffle it was the only way to pull out the old baffle. Anyone interested in the details, PM me. The old baffles only had a shred of packing left on them. The sound, (and I am OK with LOUD) was really obnoxious. It was harsh, barking sort of. The new baffels are perfect. At 1/4 to 1/2 throttle I can slip in and out of the hospital parking lot, (or past the police sub station by my house) and if I nail it a block later, it will still rattle the windows. It has, IMHO a far better quality to the sound.
Because the old baffles had lost so much packing, some who have old Jardines that are too loud may only need to repack, this is just two pop rivets, but you will need the tool I described for sure. Send me a PM.

could you post or send me the removal procedure do the new baffles come with the packing material FYI : I WAS ABLE TO USE MY RIVCO FLANGE COVERS BY JUST GRINDING THE BOLT HOLES SLIGHTLY OVAL , I LIKE THE CHROME LOOK BETTER THAN THE BLACK FLANGES

Werner I will draw a diagram and copy it to putfile, then hook it up here so you can see it. It is to simple once you see it. Be glad to help. I struggled like a fool on the first one, then I made a tool and pulled the second one out in a heart beat.

Back