Jacks and lifts for touring

Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
So,

I have been researching this for a while. Currently using a platform jack that was already in my garage but it’s not really a great option to get both wheels off ground at same time. Realistically it lifts the rear Barry high enough to get the rear Tyre out and the front is still on the ground.... I have tried putting a second trolley jack under one of the engine bars at front and can just get front off the ground but it’s precarious and not really how I’d want to leave the bike for a few days...

I’ve looked at the two armed atv motorcycle jacks commonly online....I do have the JBQ rear mount but seems the other arm would sit under the sump plate.... I’m concerned about this... is that actually safe? Sump plates aren’t a usually the strongest point...

ive Also seen the big blue lift and that also seems to have one arm under the sump....

I’d be interested to hear if people have lifted a touring a lot with one arm under the sump? Or what are others doing in terms of how a jack is contacted with the bike??

I have seen one or two people have custom fabricated a bracket... I had considered this but I don’t have welding gear and getting a local shop to fabricate will be expensive

early standard, not touring - I use JBQ rear plate and pIt bull jack (Pitbull Motorcycle Lifts) if I need to lift both wheels. I have both front and rear JBQ plates and would use scissor jack (https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-...dp/B0196PAZ1S/?tag=td-motorcycle-jacks-pcr-20) under respective plate to pick-up one wheel.

Just curious, do you know the Texas translation for the Australian Platform Jack? My guess is the Australian "Trolley Jack" is what we call a Floor Jack (Floor Jacks - Car Jacks - The Home Depot)

I always marvel at the local jargon terms / phrases in the "common" language

early standard, not touring - I use JBQ rear plate and pIt bull jack (Pitbull Motorcycle Lifts) if I need to lift both wheels. I have both front and rear JBQ plates and would use scissor jack (https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-...dp/B0196PAZ1S/?tag=td-motorcycle-jacks-pcr-20) under respective plate to pick-up one wheel.

Just curious, do you know the Texas translation for the Australian Platform Jack? My guess is the Australian "Trolley Jack" is what we call a Floor Jack (Floor Jacks - Car Jacks - The Home Depot)

I always marvel at the local jargon terms / phrases in the "common" language
Honestly no idea on translation. I get a few giggles when I’m in the states with the way some words are used too!
I’ve attached an image of the sort of thing I mean when I say platform... basically something with a flat top!
43D1AEF3-B07A-431D-9ABA-C9884E28CE39.png

I have a Touring and the JBQ Bracket. I use the lift from Harbor Freight. I think most of the weight is at the rear, and the arm under the sump just balances it a bit.
The first two winters I stored it on the jack. There's no worry about it tipping. It seems quite solid, WITH the bar locked against the stops.

Last December or so I had a small leak at the front of the sump pan. The bolts seemed loose. Three broke and I replaced all bolts and the gasket.
Now, I don't think it was because of the lift, but still, I'm a bit wary. The bike is a 2010, so after 10 years, it was probably just time for a new gasket.

All in all, those two arm lifts work great!!

Back