Big John west virginia

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 rocket 3 touring
I have a 2013 rocket touring I bought last summer. I have an atv jack but don't want to lift on the sump any suggestions thank you

Last edited:
It is OK to jack up on the sump. We all do it. For balance you will need to catch the forward arm under the sump and the rear arm under the area where the crossover pipe is. You may need some blocking.

There are quite a few post about the topic. Some jack on the sump and some say definitely not recommended. I personally would not jack on the sump/bottom of the engine. The are several drain bosses that would really put pressure on things if you make the mistake and get on one. It is not a structurally sound place to lift in my opinion. I would make a bracket that spans across and fastens to the center stand mounting holes towards the rear of the engine. It just makes more sense to put most of the lifting force on that area. You can find various devices people have used/made and pictures if you search the posts. A couple are available for purchase.

I made a rather elaborate lifting plate that puts the weight on the center stand point with the added feature of putting the forward weight on the floorboard mounting rails. The forward rail resting points can be adjusted up and down so none of the weight is on the bottom of the engine and it clears all the drain bosses. It provides a wide stance for support. Probably way over the top for you to make, but you could easily make the plate that fastens to the center stand mounting holes.

Here is my original post with pictures....

My R3 Touring lifting plate adapter | R3Owners

I put a piece of 3/4 in plywood on my ATV jack and lift on the bottom of the engine.
I have had mine on the jack this way probably 20 times with no problems. The sump will handle the load fine if the weight is distributed equally.

I have a 2013 rocket touring I bought last summer. I have an atv jack but don't want to lift on the sump any suggestions thank you

www.Jack-Be-Quick.com is nearly finished with their R3 lifting system. It stays attached to the bike so it's able to be used away from home in an emergency as well as home. One person lifts the bike easily. It should be available in a few weeks.

www.Jack-Be-Quick.com is nearly finished with their R3 lifting system. It stays attached to the bike so it's able to be used away from home in an emergency as well as home. One person lifts the bike easily. It should be available in a few weeks.

Emailed and asked for some details about the jackcbe quick, here's some info fornwhat it's worth.

Please tell me year and if you have dresser bars (engine guards) as spacers are required without them.
Should fit the Roadster fine, though I've not tested them on one. Full refund if they don't fit and are returned undamaged within 10 days.
Anthony, if you're putting engine guards on, do so first.
The JBQ bracket was designed to fit over it. If it went on first, the dresser bars would not fit properly.
Bob

You can buy them off the site now. Looks like may affect ground clearance?

Back