I've seen the light, I didn't like it...

mr hunt

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Roadster
OK, I'm in the brace position, ready for howls of derision, cruel hurtful jibes and calls for a public lynching on sacrilegious grounds.....so here goes.....

Anyone seen or done a single headlight conversion on a Rocket?

WTF! ARE YOU NUCKING FUTS! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? YOU ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT A HEADLIGHT CONVERSION YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A HEADLIGHT PERVERSION!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU WANT LESS LIGHT JUST REMOVE BOTH HEADLIGHTS AND WEAR A MINERS FLASHLIGHT ON YOUR HELMET!

HOLY SH*T! ONE HEADLIGHT!!! YOU POOR CRAZY BASTARD!!!

Well Hum...good luck on your conversion your cRazY SOB.

Whatever floats you boat mate. Just because I reckon you'd be bonkers to do it doesn't mean you shouldn't. :p

I posted this pic the other day (apologies to those who've seen it enough) and think it's really well done and not all that bad looking.

2010-rocketter-drag-racing-05-small.jpg

I guess I struggle to understand why you'd want to take away some of the things that make a Rocket a Rocket. Riding with 30 other blokes on the way to RDU at Hervey Bay last September, the most magical sight I've ever seen (slight exaggeration but never mind) was the two rows of double headlights in my mirrors when I was up front. The best sound in the world was riding at the rear, by the way; 30 or so Rockets thundering through the Queensland countryside. I digress.

If you think that second headlight is annoying maybe that third cylinder will prove too much for you as well............... Walk into any Harley, Vistory, Honda, Susuki, Kawa or Yamaha showroom and there's a huge choice of cruisers with single headlights and 2 cylinders just waiting for you. :D

Thanks Canberra - it was seeing that pic you posted that made me want to see if there were more like it. I don't particularly like the single light, I think they are too small and look out of proportion which is why I was curious to see others! You'll note my post title says 'I've seen the light....don't like it' - that's light singular not plural....

Now, next question. Has anyone blanked off a cylinder and converted her to air-cooled to save weight and improve fuel economy?:D

Back