I've Noticed Something Different!

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
On both of my R3Ts I have run the de-restricting tune without any TORs on the bike. I seldom lug my engine and I've had a rule...If I get below 1500 to 1800 RPMs, shift down to a lower gear or the bike would kind of jerk/surging (not terribly bad mind you) but like I needed a lower gear. The beast did not like to be lugged down much below 1800. This was especially problematic in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears.

Since I just recently put on a set of TORs along with a Paul Bryant crossover pipe, all of that is now gone. The bike is smooth as glass easily down to 1000 RPMs regardless of what gear I am in. No more jerking or feeling like I needed to pick a lower gear. It's a different bike in those lower RPM ranges now.

My thought is... it was a little rich in the AF mixture without the TOR's, even though I haven't done anything to the intake side to lean things out. I have the Ramair, but just haven't put it on and re-tuned it.

What a difference with just that change. Oh, BTW...my MPG is up as well.

Last edited:
Were you running aftermarket intake before your TORs?

BYW - I did not miss that @Bedifferent posted a thread entitled, "Something different".
Very CUTE!
Oops.jpg

Well done. I have RamAir, Tors and crossover and can also get down to 1200 in 5th and pull away smoothly. I don't recall having an issue before just that itis even better now.

@Bedifferent
I would seriously consider going to a better flowing intake, Ram Air or K&N 2780s.
It will run SO MUCH better, but you also should get it properly dyno tuned!
It'll be a NEW bike!

@Bedifferent
I would seriously consider going to a better flowing intake, Ram Air or K&N 2780s.
It will run SO MUCH better, but you also should get it properly dyno tuned!
It'll be a NEW bike!

It's on my list and I have a couple of tunes to try that should work. As for the dyno tune, tough to find anyone competent or anyone I would trust.

I do have one tune that was dynoed for a same year R3T with TORs and Ramair. Gonna give that a try first.

It's on my list and I have a couple of tunes to try that should work. As for the dyno tune, tough to find anyone competent or anyone I would trust.
I do have one tune that was dynoed for a same year R3T with TORs and Ramair. Gonna give that a try first.

That there should at least get you into the ball park. :thumbsup:

If the problem is a fueling based issue, The jerky/vibration feeling is usually an indication of lean where as a bog feeling would be an indication of a too rich condition.

I say usually because sometimes it’s neither and it’s an air velocity or timing issue.

Last edited:
I had a bucking/missing issue, had all kinds of ideas, ran a couple tanks of premium through it, and it went away. Must have been bad gas, always nice when a problem fixes itself.

Back