I've gone and done it....

Diamondgeezer

Standard Bore
:) hi, ordered the R3 Roadster today after a lot of pondering.....had an 05 R3 and wasn't totally convinced......:( but the roadster has had me thinking I may have been a bit hastie....got rid of my 2010 tiger se a few weeks ago coz that didn't work for me either.....but the roadster is ticking all the boxes, scary fast...tick, amble along and watch the world go by....tick, and cruise across Europe to sunnier climates.....yeah baby...tick.:D
Off to Vegas next week for my sons 21st, and my 50th...doh..! The following week I'm working in Demark, so can't pick her up till the 29th.....:( got a fairly good deal at pure triumph in Wellingborough, Northants (UK) included touring seat with rider & pillion backrests, chrome luggage rack, fog lamp set, clear small screen, custom mirrors and black rad surround.....all in all very pleased.
Just before I go....Which pipes look the best and sound the loudest.....:eek: and does any one know where I can get the "Thunderbird T-Bars from.
cheers :cool::cool::cool:

thunderbike powersports carries the T bars, also newr3.com has them too! on exhaust I think only jardine has the complete system available! I installed roadster footcontrols on my 2008 and the jardines still clear the pegs! ;)

:) hi, ordered the R3 Roadster today after a lot of pondering.....had an 05 R3 and wasn't totally convinced......:( but the roadster has had me thinking I may have been a bit hastie....got rid of my 2010 tiger se a few weeks ago coz that didn't work for me either.....but the roadster is ticking all the boxes, scary fast...tick, amble along and watch the world go by....tick, and cruise across Europe to sunnier climates.....yeah baby...tick.:D
Off to Vegas next week for my sons 21st, and my 50th...doh..! The following week I'm working in Demark, so can't pick her up till the 29th.....:( got a fairly good deal at pure triumph in Wellingborough, Northants (UK) included touring seat with rider & pillion backrests, chrome luggage rack, fog lamp set, clear small screen, custom mirrors and black rad surround.....all in all very pleased.
Just before I go....Which pipes look the best and sound the loudest.....:eek: and does any one know where I can get the "Thunderbird T-Bars from.
cheers :cool::cool::cool:

HI !! diamondgeezer

the best sounding pipes are the jardines no if or but .. plus the header is nicer and flows better than OEM
ad if you think of riding in europe may I suggest you look at the thread called riding in paradise within this forum you will find some greats pictures that will give you some pointers as to where to ride..

Looking at the Roadster myself, hate the pipes they are the worst looking things in the world, hate the colours black or black who the fcuk does Triumph think it is Henry Ford:mad: I hear talk about some new colours in the pipe line I might hold off until then.:)

Dave, Red Haze and Blue Haze in addition to the black are coming for 2011.

Dennis

32 dtg Dubai
33 dtg London

86 dtg Dubai
87 dtg Home (R3T buying time, 2010 Phantom Red Haze is coming)

Can't really comment but going to anyway...

I know nothing (or maybe less) and I'm a newbie here so all I have is my weak opinion based on listening to several real live bikes and running all the video's on Youtube. In the end, I liked the sound of the Staintunes best. They seem to have a fairly deep tone without the "raspyness" some of the others seem to have, but, as it was pointed out to me, you can't really tell everything by recordings. I would have ordered them (at $1300) but they don't make the same pipes for Touring models that they do for the Classics and Roadsters (which sounded awesome by the way). Anyway...since there's no sound posts for the Touring model Staintunes, I'm having to go another way. If I was going to put them on a Roadster...Staintunes without a doubt.

Reading the posts here, it appears most everyone is happy with the Jardines or D & D's. Maybe someone should run a poll....I would but I get confused just answering my phone.

Back