I've finally found a matching bit or two.... NOT!

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
I have had a pristine new flyscreen in an unusual Rocket color for a few years now.
Scorched Yellow
Flyscreen Kit
A9748045-FG

It has been feeling homeless in the shed so I decided to do something with it.
in the 2005 catalogue they called the same color Racing Yellow with Flame decals
Flame Racing Yellow
A9708073-ZFAE
A9708074-ZFAE (includes Fly Screen)
1638195258337.png

So not being able to find the rest of an Orange Tribal set I bought a set of Scorched Yellow tins (without the flame decals) and will get a paint shop to stick my Tribal decal copies on and topcoat.
7480.2.jpg

Scorched Yellow Rocket tins 1.jpg

I have a Sprint/Tiger 1050 topbox cover in the same color too.
I have been toying with using it to make a custom giant wide flyscreen someday.
Top box panel 2.jpg

Scorched Yellow flyscreen  (2).jpg

Attachments

• Top box panel 3.jpg
    Top box panel 3.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Bastards at eBay Global Shipping found out it cost more than they had listed. So they DO NOT EVEN send item back to seller and refund everyone, just me.
The tins look like being trashed or flogged off by the shipping company! Weird!

Dear Peter,
We're sorry to let you know that your recent purchase through the Global Shipping Program from wheelie-exhausted can't be completed.
The item in question has been deemed restricted. This could be due to import/postage restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Program. The item won't be sent to you, nor returned to your seller.
Don't worry! Your full refund will be processed back to the original payment method within 72 hours. You may notice two separate refunds; a refund for the item and a refund for the postage and import costs. No further action is needed.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- The Global Shipping Program Team

RESTRICTED ITEM

Dear Peter,

We're sorry to let you know that your recent purchase through the Global Shipping Program from wheelie-exhausted can't be completed.

The item in question has been deemed restricted. This could be due to import/postage restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Program. The item won't be sent to you, nor returned to your seller.

Don't worry! Your full refund will be processed back to the original payment method within 72 hours. You may notice two separate refunds; a refund for the item and a refund for the postage and import costs. No further action is needed.

Triumph Rocket 111 Classic & Roadster Complete Yellow Fairing Bodykit

Sold for: GBP 462.58
Item number: 203250642496
Item sold on: 30 Nov, 2021 00:47 AEDST
Quantity sold: 1

Last edited:
I think he is saying that they were trying to avoid taxes declaring a very low amount and they were caught....

... or for some strange reason the import of abs/ fiberglass material to that country it's forbidden

I'm not following what you're saying?
It was listed for GBP600 with Express postage to Australia by eBay's Global Shipping (separate to the seller) and 29 Nov I offered GBP500 and it was accepted.
Postage was only GBP 117.73
Order total: GBP 681.26
Price GBP 500.00
Postage GBP 117.73
Import charges GBP 63.53

After it arrived from the seller to their parcel centre, eBay's Global Shipping found it was more to ship than they estimated and as they had already processed the Paypal payment. So a refund has commenced, but I look like losing $50 in currency conversions as I am bloody sure Paypal will not cop the loss.:(:banghead:
Estimated delivery: Sat, 18 Dec - Wed, 22 Dec
Your order will be sent to: Peter White
14 Tullaroop Street,
Duffy
Duffy, ACT 2611
Australia

I think he is saying that they were trying to avoid taxes declaring a very low amount and they were caught....

... or for some strange reason the import of abs/ fiberglass material to that country it's forbidden
Close, but not quite. I buy from overseas eBay sites all the time and when the payments go through eBay they automatically pay the import fees and taxes upfront to the Australian Govt.. If a foreign seller deliberately lists in Aussie dollars on Aussie eBay for any item they increase price by 10% Aussie GST so it appears seamless.
The same seller may have a listing of exactly same item in their own or other currencies on the foreign eBay website which does not have the 10% added until purchase and then the postage is included as well with 10% GST on it too.

But they don't send it to you, nor return to seller? Crazy ass foreigners. Why wouldn't they just bill whomever is paying the postage for the difference, then send?

But they don't send it to you, nor return to seller? Crazy ass foreigners. Why wouldn't they just bill whomever is paying the postage for the difference, then send?
Hey those 'Crazy ass foreigners', will be simply following the Google USA's eBay/Paypal/Global Shipping conglomerate corporate policy. And yep I carried the $53 'can' for the currency swaps as expected too:(

In reality they may just say that so you don't ask the seller to sell and ship item outside eBay.:banghead::whitstling::whitstling:

Last edited:
Back