Its tyre time, first replacement

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
The rear tyre is up for replacement now and the front has 4000 to 5000km left. I have read many posts about the tyre choices, what are the facts about using the Bridgestone Extrada Max 240/55 as a replacement for the stock 240/45 does it affect the ABS on my 2011 Roadster.

paul jacobs uses them on his roadster with no drama mate and so do alot of others . I just had this debate on the facebook rocket page. the eom tire is a 50 by the way not a 45 so the jump to a 55 is a minimal change. metz is v rated exedra max is v rated metz load rating is 84 max is 86 . go the bridgy mate far better tyre

Make sure that you don't put a smaller tyre on the front or the combination of a larger diameter rear and smaller diameter front will probably be enough to mess up the ABS.

+ anuthery on the arse end, bike goes, stops & doesn't need a tilt tray to get it around corners for 500k each way to work, also play the mobile chicane game using hds n jap cruisers to while away the time ... tyre's okay I reckon ;D

Some facts. The Bridgestone is 1/2 inch taller (ie 1 inch bigger diameter) or around 3.7% increase in rolling circumference (which is why it corrects your speedo). I'm sure you'll like it, Jim.

I've tried searching the site but I couldn't find an answer... I was curious as to whether or not a 250mm tire will fit on the back of the rocket on the stock rim?

If you find one (a 250x16 tyre that is), let us know.

Just had a quick check from my previous bike.... It took a 18" which was a 250 tire... I thought this 240 on the back of the rocket looked a little "Meatier" .. yep, don't see a R16 one. At least not yet!

Back