pjsmithres

SD Dreadnought
Ride
2005 Rocket, Haze Grey,
What is the latest attack on MC tires (front and rear)? I'm worn thin on the rear and the front could use some new glue.

Seen any bargains on AVON METZ BRIDGESTONES MICHELINS?

I know Art suggested Shinkos and I have run 2 sets up front. They have held up just fine doing high speed desert riding.
Running dark side out back.

I've had Metzlers, switched to Avons, back to Metzlers. They wear out faster but they stick like glue. I need that.
Were the Avons bad?
My Metzlers break free way too much, but they are getting old.

Currently like the Avons from a matched set :)( most expensive set) and Bridge EXEDRAMAX and Mich CMDRII front are the second choice Best price combo but not exact size (OEM).

The sizes of the E Max rear and Commander II front tires will improve your bike's geometry and hence, it's handling, Phil. Better, quicker turn-in, enhanced tracking and the bike will feel about 150 lbs lighter due to the front tire's size and shape which also dramatically improves slow speed maneuvering (less rider input required).:thumbsup:

It's a minor tech issue instead of pure political crying. An actual motorcycle related post!

The sizes of the E Max rear and Commander II front tires will improve your bike's geometry and hence, it's handling, Phil. Better, quicker turn-in, enhanced tracking and the bike will feel about 150 lbs lighter due to the front tire's size and shape which also dramatically improves slow speed maneuvering (less rider input required).:thumbsup:
This geometry issue is the most intriguing.
Secondary but still a consideration is price. I won't go through the do it yourself, and the local shop wants $100 for the rear qne 40 for the front, to change. the Harley shop and the other mainstream shops won't touch it (the rear).

I intend to have them clean and grease the rear end and shaft. Any other issues while they have the rear OFF?

Sounds like you've got it covered, Phil.

I've turned many a Rocketeer on to that tire combo and they have all been "gobsmacked" with the improvements in handling.

Back