Inthe8s

Standard Bore
Bought my rocket in 05..get a new bike every 3 years and guess what? 5 years later and it is still top dog..so..guess I will have to up the ante myself with the help of the
my fellow Rocket III crazies on R3owners.com.....I always need more and 5 years is long enough even for me...your wisdom and trial and error is invaluable and I thank anyone who has taken their time to help the uninformed...I am trying: jardines, triple k&ns.. sec. removal... resistor in black/purple wire...in one shot...hell its winter here!!

Again Thanks; Inthe8s

I did the resistor mod prior to the GiPro, I spent alot of time trying to get the resistance right and was never sure that I did. It did feel like I accomplished some kind of gain after finally deciding on what I thought were the correct Ohm values. After all that tinkering I found out about the ATRE feature on the GiPro I was buying just for the gear position indicator. Since I was installing it anyway, I went ahead and took out the resistor pack (it had become a "pack" after adding and removing individual resistors to get the proper value) at the same time. You can't just "buy" a resistor with the necessary ohms. Honestly, the GiPro did a much better job at matching the needed resistance than I ever came close to. IMO the resistor mod works, it just wasn't worth all the effort in the end when you can buy an adjustable version with an indicator for $150 that just plugs into the bike. I spent about $6 on the resistor mod, but my time was worth one hell of a lot more.
Thats my little "trial and error" story with the resistor modification.
welcome to the site.

Last edited:
Bought my rocket in 05..get a new bike every 3 years and guess what? 5 years later and it is still top dog..so..guess I will have to up the ante myself with the help of the
my fellow Rocket III crazies on R3owners.com.....I always need more and 5 years is long enough even for me...your wisdom and trial and error is invaluable and I thank anyone who has taken their time to help the uninformed...I am trying: jardines, triple k&ns.. sec. removal... resistor in black/purple wire...in one shot...hell its winter here!!

Again Thanks; Inthe8s

Inthe8s,
This is the .NET site bro,
but its ok, easy mistake to make.
Now, welcome to THIS site.
I have done the secondary removal, the GiPro, the triple K&N's, and a bypass pipe.
What are you gonna do to tune it, as you said, "you always need more".
I've tried the PC 3 but was unimpressed.
I've now got the Dobeck on and really like it.
Most guys like the Tuneboy, but thats beyond my capabilities of understanding,
At least till I have someone show me in person how to do it.
Good luck, Post pictures, and Welcome to the site.
skip

so far so good

installed Jardines..had to hand fit every piece...prybars, screwdrivers, rubber mallets etc..did 12 minute tune.. started good.. will go with triumph tune and see what happens...very happy so far..

Hello, I'm new at .net also. Purchased my 07 Classic Touring new, made the normal bolt on changes, Jars, 3 K&N air filters under the Bear Claw, cat. removed and until this past December 09 had the TORS Triumph tune. The bike was to lean, lots of deceleration popping not to mention the the tons of power already in that engine but untapped due to the mapp. I purchased the Tuneboy edit key only and had the Tuneboy mapp installed, twicked, and Dyno'd pretty much from the cost of full system purchase from Tuneboy.. and I know it's right. Inthe8's, you'll think you have a new bike when your finished with your mod's, in many ways it's a reality.

Now that I think about it .... I'm pretty sure mine is a "Standard Classic Touring Roadster" ... :p

Back