its time for us Northern folks-Winter what upgrades for your Rocket

DJ

Bob Ewell fell on his Knife.
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
Its that time of year for us Northern folks to begin planning our winter projects.
What are your plans to occupy your raining, snowy day free time.

I'm planning on changing my screen to something taller. @DEcosse's keyless ignition will be installed next week (I hope), LED turn signals, and flashers. Lastly I really want to get a better sound system.

D-

I am going to fab up a trunk and possibly a PC8 from Eastern Beaver. I may even get around to mounting my fender rail kits. ;)

bob

has any one made a diagram for the eastern beaver R3 bypass headlight kit I am not sure any more on how I did it last time ( and no I do not have the original wiring anymore}

Headlight upgrade.....not sure if I will go with just an aftermarket bulb or with and LED replacement. Perhaps look at making a custom mount to hold an iPhone sideways and that fits under the flyscreen.

I put the HippoHands back on the bike for my winter project. Gotta protect those hands when the wind chill drops to -30F you know.

This will take some serious planning. I can't start to early or I'll be done and still have 4 or 5 months of white stuff. Can't use the 4 letter "S" word. To hard to have a bike all ready to go and have it just sit there. But here are the wants. Buy and install fairing and top trunk. Fix the cruise control. Try to make a collapsible lower fairing. Gonna have to pace myself. Or maybe consider trailering bike south [1200 miles].

I'm thinking about adding the Handlebar Risers for my roadster.. anyone got them and like them? I am about 5'11 and I do find I bend over a fair amount to reach the bars

I'm thinking about adding the Handlebar Risers for my roadster.. anyone got them and like them? I am about 5'11 and I do find I bend over a fair amount to reach the bars

A lot of people seem to really enjoy the rivco risers. Don't have them myself but I am about the same height and I do notice myself leaning forward a bit too.

I have a few things for the winter planned: angry screen, crashbars, changing levers and possibly a ramair.

Anyone have these levers?
TRIUMPH ADJUSTABLE SHORTY LEVER SET

I have smaller hands and even on the lowest setting for the clutch lever, it is just far away enough to make pulling in with 2 fingers awkward.

has any one made a diagram for the eastern beaver R3 bypass headlight kit I am not sure any more on how I did it last time ( and no I do not have the original wiring anymore}

Per Hanso, Home Made EB headlight relay harness | R3Owners

Or if you read further on, you can do it per my version, which is plug n play, no cutting/splicing of OEM wires - Home Made EB headlight relay harness | Page 2 | R3Owners
(I can also supply that for anyone who doesn't want to DIY the fabrication and just plug it in)

Back