Its not a Road Glide Limited, but the R3 is fine for road trips

Antek

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 TFC
This past weekend the wife and I did a road trip from our home in the Hollywood Hills to Morro Bay, CA and back, in total we road about 440 miles and I have to say I found my R3 TFC surprisingly comfortable for my 6'5" frame. Now obviously its not the same comfort as my '21 Road Glide Limited with its fairing and Klockwerks windshield but nevertheless the ride was perfectly doable, the biggest challenge for us was the luggage space, even with the 25L panniers its a far cry from the stretched saddle bags and tourpak on the Road Glide.

I was really surprised that the lack of a windscreen did not bother me more on highways, personally I found the amount of dirt sticking to my body after riding HWY 5 for 60 odd miles the worst part of it, that fairing and windscreen on my Harley sure does protect the whole body from a lot of carp.

IMG_3849.jpeg

IMG_3853.jpeg

IMG_3854.jpeg

IMG_3856.jpeg

IMG_3882.jpeg

PS. For those living in the Los Angeles area, this trip through Pine Mountain Club and New Cuyama to Morrow Bay is absolutely breathtaking!! You ride through Alpine forests in Pine Mountain Club at 5500ft+ elevation in 85F+ temperatures, and then down through the high desert of New Cuyama in 98F+ temperatures, to finally arrive in 59F temperatures at the ocean. You will see every single climate zone imaginable, with its vegetation or lack thereof and New Cuyama has a lovely diner called Buckhorn that servers some decent food.

1628620070169.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures brother. And it is good to know others don't mind the newer R3 for road trips.

Yea it's not bad. I have the GT with mid controls and 500 miles is easy enough. Still waiting for my Corbin saddle. Also recently threw on 2" ROX risers.

Back