It's NEW! - It's COOL!

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
My sons, Cliff & Steve, were just at the big Shot Show in Vegas. Tim Leatherman
(yes THAT one!) befriended them and gave Cliff a new product prototype to review.
It's called The Tread and I believe bikers everywhere will want one! What do you think?
Here is Cliff's review:

Nifty .. doubt I'd wear one to be honest .. carry a Leatherman with me everywhere I go though. Probably use the pliers , scissors and big knife blade the most.

Nifty .. doubt I'd wear one to be honest .. carry a Leatherman with me everywhere I go though. Probably use the pliers , scissors and big knife blade the most.

I carry the Skeletool SX with driver and bits in my tank bag for "first" grab tools.
Thought this Tread was an interesting biker fashion item.

I Like it.... I would most likely use it...

I'm told it has more tools and optional links as well.
I tried it and it works very well wrapped in your fist as brass knuckles!
Pretty spendy; however, likely to go down in time.

That's pretty cool, the bottle opener alone would make it worth the investment. Could be a problem getting on a plane with it. .I got this given to me from my girlfriend in Daytona.I wear it in case my chain breaks, so far so good i haven't had to use it.;)
E41A47131 (2).jpg

I have a leather man in the console of my 4x4 used it several times to liberate the occasional sign. As for the wrist band thing I like the idea but wouldn't wear one I don't wear any jewellery not even a watch. I have a wedding ring, and gold ring that belongs to my dad with his initials on it that I wear to special occasions and family events but that's it. The video would have been better if it ended with your R3 leaving in a cloud of tyre smoke.

Jezus Bruce :mad: now no-ones going to buy one .. it was a near perfect opportunity for those inclined to bling up a bit to do so .. while still hanging onto a bit of street cred .. you had to go getting all 'truckie' and ruin it.

I'm told it has more tools and optional links as well.
I tried it and it works very well wrapped in your fist as brass knuckles!
Pretty spendy; however, likely to go down in time.

Agreed.. ;) too fiddly and wouldn't be strong enough for normal usage I reckon:cautious:
n ' what would I do with my ' normal' Leatherman ?????????? A necklace perhaps:laugh::laugh:

Back