Its me again, couple quick q's

liquidsmile

Supercharged
How many of you on here are upping your idle to 850, I have noticed alot of the tunes that people are posting none of the constants are changed, this is easy enough to do just click tune constants and change in there.

Also, on the tune constants I have changed the speedo correct to a value of 0, hit calculate, and then I save all of this, along with unchecking the O2 sensor. As far as I know, this will not change any of the tuning values correct, as in how the tunes have been adjusted, am I correct in this Assumption?

I personally would rather know my actual mileage than how fast I am going. I could see if it was 6 percent the other way, meaning you are going faster than it actually says you are going, but the way it is I can live with.

Also, on the reset adaptives, the tune boy pretty much does this on its own? I have only downloaded one tune as to date, but when I downloaded it, when it was done it popped up a little box that said something about cycling the key on and off and hitting any button. Is this the reset adaptives?

I am waiting for Monday so I can call Dynojet out in Las Vegas and order the part I O2 sensor delete.

Hopefully I will have my bike all back together soon and I can take it out and do some riding again.

Thanks guys:)

Shane

reset adapt is under the TUNE BOY , you load the tune in Tune edit, if you open the tuneboy ( the one that looks liek a 955 dash cluster) and hit reset adapt in the corber I think....

what do you need the dyno jet 02 thing for? I just reached up and dioisconnected mine, then clicked it off in Tune edit..

if you need to insert a bolt in your pipe to block the hole..

not sure on your speedo correction, mine has wheel speed constate of 107% of
on the tune thats in this computer ( desktop)

the factory speedos are slow, you need to compensate for that to make it accurate, I know the tune in my bike matches the GPS now

I don't know that I "have" to have it.

Your bike does not have a check engine light on with the O2 gone? Not that mine does, I have not even loaded the tune that has the O2 delete on it yet. I was waiting to do that until I removed the O2 sensor out of the pipe.

If I don't need it I save myself the 20 bucks and time waiting for it and forget about it.

There is a reset adaptives under the tools tab on the tune edit program, I now see the reset adaptives on that other program, I am not sure how those 2 are integrated.

I guess after you load the tune on your bike, you then go and pull up the 955 speedo thing and hit the reset adaptives?

Thanks

How many of you on here are upping your idle to 850, I have noticed alot of the tunes that people are posting none of the constants are changed, this is easy enough to do just click tune constants and change in there.

The newer release tunes from Triumph have idle set to 850. Some have raised it, others that haven't had any of the idle problems don't mess with it.

Also, on the tune constants I have changed the speedo correct to a value of 0, hit calculate, and then I save all of this, along with unchecking the O2 sensor. As far as I know, this will not change any of the tuning values correct, as in how the tunes have been adjusted, am I correct in this Assumption?

The wheel speed constant is what you adjust you want a value of 3248. The calculator is for swapping out sprockets on bikes with a chain final drive. The Rocket's speedo reads 7% fast from the factory. Make sure you upload the tune after saving the changes or you'll get a check engine light. The O2 bypass removes any of that from the equation. However, I would remove the O2 from the pipe or it will be ruined.

I personally would rather know my actual mileage than how fast I am going. I could see if it was 6 percent the other way, meaning you are going faster than it actually says you are going, but the way it is I can live with.

If I remember correctly there is not a correlation between what the speedo reads and how the odometer tracks mileage. Meaning if you correct the speedo, the odo still measures the same. If they did correlate, won't it be more accurate if the speedo was corrected anyway?

Also, on the reset adaptives, the tune boy pretty much does this on its own? I have only downloaded one tune as to date, but when I downloaded it, when it was done it popped up a little box that said something about cycling the key on and off and hitting any button. Is this the reset adaptives?

The reset adaptives is in Tuneboy not Tunedit, cycling the key just completes the tune download.

I am waiting for Monday so I can call Dynojet out in Las Vegas and order the part I O2 sensor delete.

Hopefully I will have my bike all back together soon and I can take it out and do some riding again.

Thanks guys:)

Shane

I guess there is a reset asdaptives on the tune edit, I never looked at it..

I also went and pulled open the other program then clicked it..

easy to do..

and no there is no check engine light, when you do it with tuneboy its like you have told the computer it isn't there any more..

so I dosconnected my 02 sensor and tossed it in the box of parts I don't use.

remove the right side panel and just unplug the darn thing..

my Predators don't even have a hole for the 02.

For those skimming, some instructions for what I found to work are below...

Well, I got her up and running tonight. I did the o2 delete that Pig9r so greatly made a sticky, and took great photos to make it easy on the rest of us hacks to accomplish.

I looked over my tunes just to make sure I had not missed anything, everything was good so I hooked up the cable, turned on the key and downloaded the tune I needed.

I did raise the rpm from 750 to 850, though it seems to hold a pretty steady idle now at around 950 rpms, keep in mind the bike had not been started and I did not take it for a ride, so it might just be running a little high till she gets warmed up.

I did notice that the rpms seem to take awhile longer to drop when you give it a little gas, anyone else notice this. Like I said I have not even taken it out yet and really got it warmed up, so this is all sitting in the garage, driving my wife crazy as I rev it up a little to see where it settles in.

No check engine light :D!!!

What I learned is that this is really not that difficult, you just have to get over being scared when you plug the tuner into your ecu.

First retrieve ecu, you will find this under the Tools, "Get ECU Serial Number"

Second get your key, to do this you need to email your ecu number to tuneboy or where ever your got your tuneboy from.

Third you need to download the right tune and save, I had a hard time with this, making it much harder than it needed to be, windows vista made this very easy and automatically was putting it in the right files. Go figure.

Fourth launch tune edit and open your tune that you have downloaded. This is where it starts to get fun.

Fifth and this was the tough one for me because of how the box that pops up asks for you to put the key in, it does not go here but up in the properties box, the properties box is under Options across the top of the tune edit. When you are in properties put your key in the box that says new key and click add, you also need to go down and look at the Tuning link serial port and click on it and select the right port that the tuneboy cable is on, mine is (COM6), when your have done this click save.

Sixth you want to go to the Edit function, and go down to tune constants and uncheck the o2 sensor and save the tune.

7th hook it up to your bike, turn the key on, start tune edit, select the tune you have saved, and click download. When it is finished downloading, follow the boxes instructions. After you are done with that, go to launch tuneboy and reset your adaptives, and you are done.

I think I am going to order the part from dynojet part# 76423016 , just to keep the plug nice and closed and functioning properly. Their technical support number is
1(800) 992-4993, I was told by a rep from dynojet to call here to order the part.

Hindsight being 20/20 it is now easy, but in the start it is alot to digest. I added this little tutorial specifically for number 5 on the list, I am by no means an expert on here and if you need real help with it I will be glad to answer what I can, but others on here I am sure are much more qualified. I just posted what I found to work. And when used in conjunction with the instructions that come with the tuner and on tuneboys help section I think it might help someone out.

This coming weekend the weather looks like it is going to be great and I am going to hopefully get out and enjoy the new tunes.

Thanks everyone who helped me get this stuff figured out, maybe I will see some of your at RAAIV.

LS

Back