atlsrt44

Nitrous
Ride
2018 rocket 3 roadster
Rode to work this morning. 33 degrees out. Fahrenheit for you non usa peeps.

My winter gloves just arent cutting it. I dont want to put anything on the bike such as hippo hands so I'm thinking heated gloves.

I want to go wireless as well. Any suggestions?

Gerbing, the wiring is very non-intrusive. I used their jacket and gloves and used to ride 35 miles to work even down to 15F with no problems.

IMG_0247.JPG Works great. Leather and well made. Battery's last about three hours on high. Charger comes with gloves and charges both battery's at the same time. Good down to about 20 degrees. Have these for 35 degrees and higher IMG_0610.JPG Joe Rocket gloves. 114 mile commute daily. (open highway)

Rode to work this morning. 33 degrees out. Fahrenheit for you non usa peeps.

My winter gloves just arent cutting it. I dont want to put anything on the bike such as hippo hands so I'm thinking heated gloves.

I want to go wireless as well. Any suggestions?

How do you feel about heated hand grips? The parts are pretty reasonable ($169 if memory serves) and they really crank out the heat. Living in Minneapolis, I pretty much viewed them as a requirement :)

I use the Warm-n-Safe products. I started with their gloves, then move to glove liners to have more flexibility. I also use their electric socks. I use their wired controller. They also have a wireless controller. What I like about them is they only draw the amount of electricity you need. Lower setting use less electricity than higher settings. They have done a good job of keeping my hands and feet warm in cold weather. They also make jacket and pants liners as well. I have had these for almost 10 years and are still working well.

Merino liners..bees nuts!
Only in NZ where there are so many sheep they fall off cliffs into the sea like lemmings!

Not everyone still has 6 live sheep each* to thrust their hands inside of on a cold morning though! ;):D:eek::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

*Note 6 are required as the first 4 run away and slide off from your cold hands but by the 3rd pair they don't get such a shock and stay still!

I have heard from a Kiwi that if you master the technique they even smile and follow you ready to wear.;):D

A bit of sheep history:
Then -
New Zealand sheep numbers peaked in 1982, with a total of70.3 million sheep. In the same year, 3.18 million people lived in New Zealand. This works out to 22 sheep per person.

And now -

By 30 June 2015, the estimated resident population had reached 4.60 million people.

Next, we must find out how many sheep we have. According to Statistics NZ's agricultural production statistics, we had an estimated 29.5 million sheep at 30 June 2015.

This means that the sheep-to-person ratio has fallen and contrary to popular belief there are actually about six sheep per person, not 20.
New Zealand is home to 3 million people and 60 million sheep

Last edited:
Merino liners..bees nuts!

I have the Aerostich Elkskin Gauntlet gloves lined with Merino wool and they do keep my hands warm. However, once the temps dip below 60˚F, I have not found any gloves that will keep my hands warm. I just do not have enough blood flow in my hands. That is when the electric glove liners come into play. The Warm n Save liners are thin and do a good job of keeping my hands warm.

Not everyone still has 6 live sheep each* to thrust their hands inside of on a cold morning though!
Hey...if you are game enough to "thrust" your hand into one of these merino's...well good luck to you!!..they will flatten a grown man without too much trouble if you wanna play!!

6687402771dfc37f39f626886d834f7d_original.jpg

Hey...if you are game enough to "thrust" your hand into one of these merino's...well good luck to you!!..they will flatten a grown man without too much trouble if you wanna play!!

6687402771dfc37f39f626886d834f7d_original.jpg
I have been told you gotta stick to the ewes and not the rams @Tal !!!!

I thought all Kiwis could tell the difference! ;):D:roll::roll:

Back