IT'S ALIVE!

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
Kong is up and running . . . finally.

I mounted a new Michelin Road 5 up front.
The new handlebar change seemed never-ending.
After extending all the wiring to both bar controls, there was two sets of Barnett cables (at over $200 each set) and special connections for the two stainless steel brake lines it took to get the length correct, then after several connections of the throttle cables (a distinct PITA) in order to get the perfect routing, I'm finally ready for Talihina!
Just an oil & filter change for good measure left to do.

I set the bars where they feel best, but I don't like them not in line with the forks. I shall adjust properly (no biggie).

These are Flanders Bars I have had for some time, just never mounted.
They make the bike feel entirely strange and not really conducive to hooning the twisties, but I'll get used to them eventually. Like 14" pullback and I can now actually lean into my back rest.
Bars1.jpg Bars1a.jpg

They are not anywhere near your 'ideal' though are they? I do not think I would like them either but suppose you will get used to them.

Scootworks - Hydraulic Line Extender for 1" & 1.25" handlebars

Scootworks' BLX - Brake Line Extender
Easily Extend Hydraulic Brake & Clutch Hoses

The BLX™ by Scootworks- Available for Handlebars of 1" and 1.25" in diameter. - A great and cost effective alternative to replacing the complete hydraulic hose system on bikes with ABS and/or coordinated braking!

This system was originally designed as an answer for obtaining more front brake hose on bikes with ABS or coordinated braking. A Honda VTX1800 is a good example, where the front brake hose is actually part of an integrated system with several hoses, and a simple longer front brake hose can't be installed. A custom build to lengthen the front brake hose in the handlbar area costs $500+! This alone prohibits many handlebars and handlebar risers from being installed for comfort or customization. You simply install our BLX100™ or BLX125™, blead the line, and you're finished.

Another great application for this is on baggers with dual front brake calipers, where access to the lower manifold and lower dual brake lines is difficult. The is an easy installation, and often less expensive than buying an extended front hose set for bike of that type.

The BLX100™ is for 1" handlebars, the BLX125™ is for 1.25" handlebars. This uses a conventional 10mm banjo size, and is compatable with most all H-D, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Triumph, etc. It can be purchased with the extension hose, or can be purchased as the manifold only (manifold, 2 banjo bolts, 4 crush washers, and mounting straps) for custom applications. This can also be used on bikes with a hydraulic clutch and avoid having to purchase the lengthy clutch hose...and MUCH easier to install, too!

The Scootworks BLX™ is also available for 7/8" & 1-1/2" handlebars on special request. Custom lengths are also available on special request.

-> Scootworks BLX100™ for 1" Handlebars, BLACK hose

-> Scootworks BLX100™ for 1" Handlebars, BRAIDED hose

-> Scootworks BLX125™ for 1-1/4" Handlebars, BLACK hose

-> Scootworks BLX125™ for 1-1/4" Handlebars, BRAIDED hose

1a.jpg

Mock-up on typical 1" 'Beach Bar'

2a.jpg

Attaches to handlebars for a clean method of extention.

3a.jpg

No need to have an expensive custom multi-hose assembly fabricated, when you only need a few inches at the handlebars!

4a.jpg

Available as a 'manifold only' for custom applications

5a.jpg

Radiused bottom of a clean fit against your handlebars in an obscure location.

6a.jpg

Full kit with manifold, extension hose, 2 banjo bolts, 4 copper crush washers, and attachment straps.

Nice job Bull ! :thumbsup: seems your garage is in an awful mess tho ? When I come over to clean Norms , I will come and do yours after ! :D

They are indeed very near my ideal pullback, just a very different feel from the classic bars I have ran for years. The grip angle is more linear than that of the OEM and Classic bars that preceded these.
Regarding brake lines ;
This little part is a much simpler, cleaner and less expensive solution.
It allows use of a standard stainless steel brake line in the length of your choice that hooks up at the reservoir.
Also there is no addition of more garbage on the bars.
555-100784 | JEGS

Last edited:
Back