It turns a head & it's not even there

captain jack

Turbocharged
Well we all know how the Rocket draws attention & gets the usual "I had a Triumph" but it usually results because the bike is the attraction. Now today I was out at the local accessory dealers about to get in the car (yes that is CAR), after the usual tea & sandwich thing when a young chap approached me asking if he had read my 'T' shirt properly & could he check it again. I of course said yes OK mate & as he read it again he asked "is that serious about a 2300cc engine", I replies "yes mate, the biggest production engine on the planet". At first he didn't believe me but after convincing him about it he went off to his car laughing in disbelief, yet at the same time knowing it to be true. I don't know about anybody else but this is the first time that I have found someone impressed with a bike that isn't even there, & not seen. So powerful is the Rocket not just in performance but pulling power in all senses of the word. :laugh:
BTW 'T' shirt reads :-
Triumph
Rocket III
2300cc
138 horses
142 ft/lbs of torque
and eats Harleys

OMG, it's soooo beautiful and it's in my front yard and (more acid, please) it's sooooo beautiful, OMG, OMG (pass the bong, please), is it real, zipppp, beeeep, thud...

I wonder how many Boss Hoss motorcycles have to be make to be considered production motorcycles. A guy with a 502 cu in. Chevy V-8 Boss Hoss would probably laugh at our little 3 cylinder.

I wonder how many Boss Hoss motorcycles have to be make to be considered production motorcycles. A guy with a 502 cu in. Chevy V-8 Boss Hoss would probably laugh at our little 3 cylinder.
Until they build the motor themselves they will never be able to claim biggest production... And then they have to produce and sell 500 units per year...

That is one big engine, 2 reasons i don't have one; 1, i can't afford it, 2 at 5'4" short i don't think i can't stand it up from the kick stand, every time i see one i wish i was a little taller and a little richer:)

... A guy with a 502 cu in. Chevy V-8 Boss Hoss would probably laugh at our little 3 cylinder.

Not really, Rocket65. A stock rocket properly ridden will kick the BH's ass virtually every time in a road race or drag run, because we have usable/streetable power and they do not. On any sort of nonlinear roadway, pretty much anything on two wheels with a Sportster-sized motor or better will leave a Dead Horse in its wake.

They do make lovely Main Street cruisers and burnout novelty attractions, though. If you fancy melting tires off of their rims the Boss Hoss would be your ticket, otherwise I can't see them as having much value as motorcycles, other than for bragging rights and that's OK, too, if that's what floats your boat.

More then likely not. Boss hoss's are basically moving engine stands. They can't make use of the power they produce. I have seen the 400hp small block V8s and they can't get off the line fast (smoke the rear tire) and they continue to smoke the tire until 70 to 100 mph. They weigh so much up front they wont wheelie, and the rear tire can't be wide enough to handle the torque. You have a perfect combo for a poor performer in drag racing. Just like those 400/500 hp busas, that have so much power they will stand the front up under any decent throttle and even at speeds over 160mph. You could drop 100hp and likely still keep up with the more powerfull bike, since when your front is 4 foot in the air you can't exactly give it more throttle :p.

I have watched around 20 boss hoss drag videos on youtube, and its crazy how yamaha r1s and another liter bikes will eat even 500hp boss hosses for breakfast. Then again they can actually get the power to the ground. One thing is for sure though, the boss hoss can do burnouts from 0-100+, sound bad ass, and be quite the attraction (and they are american made and faster then harley, buit thats not saying much lol).

Not really, Rocket65. A stock rocket properly ridden will kick the BH's ass virtually every time in a road race or drag run, because we have usable/streetable power and they do not. On any sort of nonlinear roadway, pretty much anything on two wheels with a Sportster-sized motor or better will leave a Dead Horse in its wake.

They do make lovely Main Street cruisers and burnout novelty attractions, though. If you fancy melting tires off of their rims the Boss Hoss would be your ticket, otherwise I can't see them as having much value as motorcycles, other than for bragging rights and that's OK, too, if that's what floats your boat.
I still want one!!!!:D

Back