IT IS DONE... (New exhaust :-))

technoguppy

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Installed the Dave Platt Outlaw Exhaust system!!!

The sound is amazing!! The growl & bark now match the spirit of the Rocket 3 Roadster!!!

Only took about 2 hours (would be less if I had a proper shop, a bike stand, and it wasn't 35C outside)!

Stock system came off pretty easily, Dave's design fits like a glove, no issues.

Video of Stock Exhaust - 1 min long
Video of Outlaw Exhaust - 1 min long

My 2014 Rocket 3 Roadster (Before)

My 2014 Rocket 3 Roadster (After)

Last edited:
Yup the Outlaws do look sort of raunchy. And sound - well - LOUD!

BUT so far pretty much everybody has seen the requirement to alter the ECU maps.
This does not and would not faze me - but some outlaw owners seem to have been caught a bit unawares.
Unless you have the time and tools - find a good dyno tuner. And if you don't have one close - consider buying the tools and making the time.

Just something to be aware of. :thumbsup: - Not a critique.

Yup the Outlaws do look sort of raunchy. And sound - well - LOUD!

BUT so far pretty much everybody has seen the requirement to alter the ECU maps.
This does not and would not faze me - but some outlaw owners seem to have been caught a bit unawares.
Unless you have the time and tools - find a good dyno tuner. And if you don't have one close - consider buying the tools and making the time.

Just something to be aware of. :thumbsup: - Not a critique.

If anyone does have an ECU map to share (Stock everything else except for K&N Air Filter) and Outlaw Exhaust and you'd like to share, please PM me.

I don't have the tools or access to a dyno, but I do have access to the service department at my local Triumph dealer. I'm pretty sure I can get them to program it for me but I need a suitable map file.

Update: I'll still take a map if one's available but just got to get a re-map done on the bike for Friday (need to get rid of the cats in the map at the very least). Seems to be running rich with some back firing when down shifting or throttling down.

Regards,

Last edited:
Seems to be running rich with some back firing when down shifting or throttling down.
That there is indeed the symptom. Better men than I have already expounded - This in inevitable to a certain extent due to the tiny muffler size. It can be mitigated - I am sure - but probably not eliminated.

Where are the dyno results for these?
Does it improve or reduce OEM rwhp?

The improvement in power, i believe, comes from free flowing the headers not by adding cans. The gases are still restricted by the headers. The sound will be improved but thats all.
If you free up the air intake with pods or ramair then also free up the air out...ie the headers and the cans..THEN you will hear and feel the difference. Of course a tune will be needed to get the best result from these additions cos everything has been altered, air, fuel blah blah blah...
Best you speak to Paul Bryant re your headers which will fit onto your DP cans thru an adapter which i'm sure Paul can provide too.
Just my two bobs worth.

Where are the dyno results for these?
Does it improve or reduce OEM rwhp?
It does NOT have to be about power, Steve. Really. I occasionally still wish I had bought Zard Pentas. I liked the look - and still do.

Sam made me the Thugs - but having to swap them out every 2 years is a PITA. Then again Sam also made the SamJar headers for me- and those are worth it.

It does NOT have to be about power, Steve

This is true...The bike has a lot of power as it is straight out of the box. I didnt do my additions for more power but to make it "Mine" as it were.I love the look of it. Because of the restrictions put on the bike in the Factory it is somewhat stifled. By adding better breathing ability plus better exhaust gas release the bike will "Relax", for want of a better word, and go how the engineer who designed it wanted it to go.
When i initially added my pods and tors, i had a PCV sitting in a box that i had bought for $100 on trademe, brand new, so i put that on and installed the tune which i had saved from my previous 2014 roadster.
Now that i have replaced the tors with a Jardine header and cans, the tune is a tad rich so i will have it put on the dyno to smooth things out. The HP and Torque figures will be a result of the tune. I wont be aiming at any figures but rather aiming at getting it efficient.
I am more than happy the way the bike performs...just need that richness sorted out. If guys on faster bikes want to go past...then im happy to watch them go....i enjoy doing my thing on my baby.

Back